Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thank You

InfiniteGoof
@infinitegoof
14 years ago
5 posts
I, like many other unfortunate souls, was nearly taken in by the whole DreadHeadHQ nonsense. So completely ignorant was I that I thought the only other way to start dreads, other than by neglecting them, was by using a dread kit- and there were so many sites on the internet supporting this brand, so I hastily bought a kit. How blessed I was that I managed to find this forum before the kit arrived! Thank you, each and every one of you, for maintaining such an incredible and informative site- if it weren't for all that I've found here, my hair could be in a terrible state!As for now, however, it's done up in a multitude of baby locks that my boyfriend coaxed my hair into over a nine hour period. They look a little spiraled, but I figure that this is to be expected, due to the method used. I'm assuming that as they mature, they'll not be as noticably so, am I correct? Other than the affirmation (or disproval) of this, might there be any other advice- care tips, what to expect, etc.- that anyone would care to share with me? It would be greatly appreciated!Aside from that, I must mention that I'm happy to have found such a helpful (and truthful, after seeing what's out there and falling for it firsthand) community. I hope that someday I can be as helpful of a contributor to the dreadlock community!
updated by @infinitegoof: 02/15/15 01:41:55PM
InfiniteGoof
@infinitegoof
14 years ago
5 posts

A reference photo, if it helps at all.
updated by @infinitegoof: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what method was used to get em started?dreadings as easy as alowing yourself to dreadits hard to tell in the pic what youir boyfreind did thoughand so glad your here

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
InfiniteGoof
@infinitegoof
14 years ago
5 posts
Oh, I'm sorry! How silly of me, to completely forget to mention that. He did the "twist and rip" method... and I don't know if it's because of my hair texture or what, but they're very... twisty!If the picture is too bad of quality, I would be more than happy to take another in better lighting, if necessary. Thank you for the warm welcome, by the way~ soaringeagle said:
what method was used to get em started?
dreadings as easy as alowing yourself to dread
its hard to tell in the pic what youir boyfreind did though

and so glad your here
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well it shouldnt maatter they'll dread just fine a better pic would help tho

--
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Hey Welcome =)yeah it seems they look alot more twisty at first, really just depends on how it was done, but they definitely shift around an lose the twisty(ness) lol
InfiniteGoof
@infinitegoof
14 years ago
5 posts

Is this any better? Thank you so much for your help, by the way.Oh, another question, if you don't mind- will the roots adjust themselves as the dreads fully form? Some dreadlocks were done at funny angles, and it makes the hair all bumpy at the roots. I know that's probably a silly thing to worry about, but it looks awfully goofy. Perhaps I need to just stop worrying and let my hair do it's own thing? soaringeagle said:
well it shouldnt maatter they'll dread just fine a better pic would help tho

updated by @infinitegoof: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
InfiniteGoof
@infinitegoof
14 years ago
5 posts
Thank you for the warm welcome, Iain (and the friend request~ what a way to make a girl feel welcome)!Will they really lose their twisty-ness? What a relief! :) Iain said:
Hey Welcome =)
yeah it seems they look alot more twisty at first, really just depends on how it was done, but they definitely shift around an lose the twisty(ness) lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wow those are interesting ;) and they'll form beautiful locksumm roots sort themselves out but if u got alot of hairs crossing at the roots you'll have to seperate often so dreads dont grow together

--
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Have you tried to send the kit back to the company?If you do try, you won't get a full refund and you will have to pay for the return shipping.Anyway, it is good to see you found the site before you started using wax.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form