Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

palm rolling

Tommy J
@tommy-j
14 years ago
12 posts
So i know palm rolling doesnt help dreads very much, but is palm rolling lighty once a day bad for them? ive been told by a friend that it slows down the progress
updated by @tommy-j: 02/04/18 04:26:29AM
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
no, its not bad, but if its not very effective -- then why bother?
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
I occasionally palm roll while my dreads are still damp and it does help smooth out some of the lumps and flyaways. It's not totally ineffective. I also do it when some of my dreads are zig zaggy or bent in weird possitions. But once your dreads are dry it doesnt do anything.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ive never done it once i dont see any point

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ropes
@ropes
14 years ago
1 posts
I do it when they're wet just to level out the lumps and bends. Like somone else said, it'll tame frizzies well if you do it lightly with wet hands.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I think it's strange that people even look at this as a maintenance method, I do it when im bored or to help get water out, if you do it aggressively then it will cause damage, (don't believe me, do it to a non blunt tip an you'll grind hairs off)but just lightly doing it to the body of a lock isn't bad, but if your like trying to start a fire with your hair your gonna cause alot of bad friction and that would be bad.otherwise it briefly tames the hair,,like for a few mins perhaps, lolin waxed locks, palm rolling makes them feel like putty. otherwise if you were using a light amount it glues the hairs so it looks like its holding better. in my opinion, I just remember those days.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I love you guys.
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
lolpalm rolling has never hurt my dreads lol, i palm roll my dreads but i dont do it on purpose ill just be sitting there watching tv fiddling with me dreads maybe palm rolling them lol.I dont see the hype of the debate of palm rolling. Its nothing massive its not a way of making dreads and its just fiddling with them nothing major man lol :P
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Oh right lol i never took it as a serious dread method lol, its just something u do when fiddling with ure dreads :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i just shake my head like crazy alot comes out gently

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 03:20:26PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus