Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Been a couple of days...but here I am

Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
So happy I found this site. Very informative. It is always interesting to hear about everyone's journey. Its also good to hear how much we all have in common regardless of origin, race, creed, nationality. I am happy to be here and look forward to all the interactions. I hope that I can be open minded and have as much to share as I gain to this community.I have had traditional loc twice and now I have sisterlocks. Love them all. Working in a very professional environment - the sisterlocks give me a clean polished look while at the same time allowing me freedom of expression! And they are quite airy! With all this hair on my head - a breeze is a wonderful event!!!The pic in my avitar is of my youngest daughter. She has been trying to loc since October 2009. They are coming along nicely. She has settled. And has many many buds. The ones in the back are seriously locking. We both love our hair and I think - this is it for me. Im keeping these.
updated by @jaquerian-mccain: 02/14/15 11:44:37AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
cool how olds your daughter?we have a few families that lock together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
She has just been locking since October 2009. I started hers myself. They are coming along beautifully.
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
sorry - she is 11 years old. 12 in May
Jai
@jai
14 years ago
5 posts
hey welcome i just joined myself and just started my journey. when were you told to wash your hair after locing
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
Well I washed my hair that week. With sisterlocks you are not on a time restriction to wash your hair. Which is another reason I love them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
whatever they told u ignore i assume u went to a salon? bad mistake i hope they didnt harm you what did they do exactly?wash your hair when u feel you need to if u feel dirty or itchy theres never any reason to wait to wash...washing helps dreadsif they used wax and crap you'll probly want to remove every trace of it even if it means starting overalso if they scheduled follow up tightenings otr maintenance..cancle them, Jai said:
hey welcome i just joined myself and just started my journey. when were you told to wash your hair after locing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jai
@jai
14 years ago
5 posts
I was told to come back every two weeks but I don tbelieve in that and think its hust to line her pockets with money that can feed me and my family. she said it was nasty not to wash your hair but I did maintain a gentlemans hair that didnt was his hair except with dry shampoo until after maybe 6 months or so. I dont know
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
I wash my hair myself. I never PAY anyone to wash my hair. And I wash it when I feel like it. I use Lemon Grass Soap. I keep everything as close to natural as possible.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I think sisterlocks doesn't really recommend waxing either....I think their big thing is interlocking which used to be called root flipping. Not the best thing, most sites recommend against that.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form