Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I wanting dreads, and wanting help/advice

Kris D.
@kris-d
14 years ago
21 posts
Lynsey: after I got rid of my dreads, I was still attached. I knew they wouldn't work for me, so what I did was I went out, got some synthetic hair, and make false dreads out of them. They have a little loop on the end so that you can brain them into your real hair, and secure with a bandIf you want to learn more about it, send me a comment or PM, and I can help you out. That way, you can have some temporary dreads to see if they work for you.
Lindsey B
@lindsey-b
14 years ago
6 posts
Yeah that sounds interesting, I have heard a little about them but not much. Please tell me more! Kris D. said:
Lynsey: after I got rid of my dreads, I was still attached. I knew they wouldn't work for me, so what I did was I went out, got some synthetic hair, and make false dreads out of them. They have a little loop on the end so that you can brain them into your real hair, and secure with a band

If you want to learn more about it, send me a comment or PM, and I can help you out. That way, you can have some temporary dreads to see if they work for you.
Lindsey B
@lindsey-b
14 years ago
6 posts
Yeah, no I understand where you guys are coming from.... Sister Rags said:
I agree, Makarov. I'm by no means suggesting that dreads aren't for you, Lindsey, I guess I'm just thinking the same thing M. is...that there's a huge difference between natural dreads and "fashion" dreads so you look a certain way. I'm coming from my own experience of being one who played around & was always doing all SORTS of things with my hair. By the time I decided to dread, my inspiration was from inside, from my spirit, I was 45 years old and very sure of my commitment to letting go of hair that was more about society than about my own inner spirit.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Looking at her other pics I'm guessing she did a twist and rip and then left them alone, twisting with hairgel and hairspray on occasion. They aren't fully locked. She has one in the back that looks natural and one that is starting to get a little bumpy but to me they just seem like they aren't fully dreaded.The synthetic dreads are called dreadfalls, great option for someone who wants a manicured but funky and crazy look that is temporary. Another temporary look would just be tease and twist with gel and hairspray. Makarov was just being blunt in stating the obvious. We don't want you to screw up your hair and get a bad impression of dreads when the look you are going for isn't even full on dreads. soaringeagle said:
actualy looking close they could be natural possibly.. ptobly not but there are slight subdued hints that they could possibly be ..but kinda assume theyre twist n rip still
Kris D.
@kris-d
14 years ago
21 posts
They don't look like true dreads at ALL in the picture she posted in her first post, it purely looks like twists held with gel/spray. Not dreads, only twists. They almost seem TOO uniform for dreads, y'know? Spider Feet said:
Looking at her other pics I'm guessing she did a twist and rip and then left them alone, twisting with hairgel and hairspray on occasion. They aren't fully locked. She has one in the back that looks natural and one that is starting to get a little bumpy but to me they just seem like they aren't fully dreaded.

Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
Agreed. Those are by no means full-on dreads. They look like a nice dread perm to me. Kris D. said:
They don't look like true dreads at ALL in the picture she posted in her first post, it purely looks like twists held with gel/spray. Not dreads, only twists. They almost seem TOO uniform for dreads, y'know?

Spider Feet said:
Looking at her other pics I'm guessing she did a twist and rip and then left them alone, twisting with hairgel and hairspray on occasion. They aren't fully locked. She has one in the back that looks natural and one that is starting to get a little bumpy but to me they just seem like they aren't fully dreaded.

Kris D.
@kris-d
14 years ago
21 posts
...me too. In my head, but I just forgot to put it down in text. That's a really fitting term, "hair rolls"...bravo to you, sir. :P Makarov said:
I'm calling those hair rolls nowadays. =)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form