Dreadlocks Forums

Day 3 of dread journey!

KatatoniK
@katatonik
5 years ago
43 posts
☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
www.dreadlockshampoo.com the treatee rosemary 1..and cold, not hot water

I can't use cold water due to migraines. :( but ill try the shampoo. Last time i used tea tree it made my scalp burn bad. Any other suggestions in case i have issues with it?
KatatoniK
@katatonik
5 years ago
43 posts
Ty for the help. I figured the frizz wasn't going anywhere anytime soon haha so no big. Its funny, usually I'm a perfectionist and have zero patience for things but I'm absolutely loving my hair and could care less that its not perfect. It will get better looking in time and I'm ok with that. Ive had self esteem issues all my life and would always get the sideways glances anytime I tried to fit in to the normal standards. (Hair done, makeup, cute outfits) I've been judged harshly my whole life. The way i figured it, if people judge me for looking "normal" then why not do something I'm a love! They'll judge anyway. And let me tell you, I havent felt this good about myself and this confident ever! Now I get it when people say its not just a hair style, its a life style. Lovin it!
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
Stay on here for a few months and you'll be surprised how many newcomers say nearly the exact same thing.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
5 years ago
204 posts
@katatonic saaaame! I spent 15 years fighting frizz, but I've learned to embrace it. My hair is probably healthier for not seeing a flat iron so much. It's been a big burden liften to finally decide that I'm gonna do what *I* like and not what everyone else might like. Cuz it's impossible to make everyone happy anyway. Haters gonna hate.😎
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

KatatoniK: Ty for the help. I figured the frizz wasn't going anywhere anytime soon haha so no big. Its funny, usually I'm a perfectionist and have zero patience for things but I'm absolutely loving my hair and could care less that its not perfect. It will get better looking in time and I'm ok with that. Ive had self esteem issues all my life and would always get the sideways glances anytime I tried to fit in to the normal standards. (Hair done, makeup, cute outfits) I've been judged harshly my whole life. The way i figured it, if people judge me for looking "normal" then why not do something I'm a love! They'll judge anyway. And let me tell you, I havent felt this good about myself and this confident ever! Now I get it when people say its not just a hair style, its a life style. Lovin it!

you are incredibly beautiful its the makeup and dressing up and all that that ade you boring..not you just run of the mill beauty and in that theres intense competition  when such narror parameters ti work with you an have shorter skirts bigger breasts or be impossibly skinny and thats all that can set you apart

so discard irt all throw away the makeup, stop  trimming and primping  and taming every body hair just be you  unique and that will set you apart from the boring makeup chicks all trying to look alike

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
It is a way of life, such acceptance comes with letting go of those "rules"

Your hairs are beautiful, as are you
KatatoniK
@katatonik
5 years ago
43 posts
Thanks everyone :) y'all rock! I always wanted acceptance and to be liked but only now as ive gotten older and wiser have I realized that it begins with me. I never truly liked, let alone loved, myself. I always thought something could be better. Now I love all of me. (Minus the 50 extra pounds I put on due to health reasons, which I'm concouring!) I've embraced my little flaws that I dreaded before. (Haha see what I did there?! ;) lol) As a woman, were taught to pick and poke at ourselves, search for improvement. The only improvement we need is loving ourselves for who we are, men and women alike. Ive dealt with severe bipolar depression and severe anxiety for as long as I can remember, that's had a lot to do with how I saw myself. I never thought I was good enough or pretty, let alone beautiful. Now I am seeing what others have this whole time. I am a beautiful soul, always doing for others and opening my heart (and sometimes my home) to those in need. I dont pass judgement or turn my nose up to anyone. I see everyday as a blessing and an opportunity to grow. Now I'm seeing the beauty outside as well. Ive hated my freckles, now I love them. Always thought my body could be more voluptuous, now I love my body. I used to get upset over my poorly done tattoos (my bff practiced on me) but I adore each one cause he did them and ill always have a piece of my best friend with me! Plus, theyre mine! I lived far too long believing the magazines and commercials, telling me what women should look like. But we are all different. Thank god! Or the world would be a boring place! I love myself as I never have before and the dreads are just a way for me to express how I feel inside and me others see my beauty that i feel! Goodness, I digress! Haha **Dread update, I had to redo one in the back. It completely unraveled lol I had issues as soon as I did it originally. Its at the very bottom of my nape. Its better now tho :) holding together nicely. Ive been using a cool scarf to tie up for sleep but ordered some nice caps for bed. Cant wait for them to come! I also cant wait for them to mature (I can wait lol just excited) so i can wear my beads and wraps! Never take what others say about you at face value. Hear it, take in from it what you must to help you grow and change what YOU need in order to feel better about you inside and the rest will follow. Ive never felt better about myself than I do in this point of my life! And having this community helps too! Thank you all for being your awesome selves! You are all bright, beautiful souls and I can see it shine thru! ❤
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Love even those few extra pounds. Personally I've been all over the spectrum of weight, lately it's too thin, but before it was "too heavy" there's positives and negatives to every scenario, love yourself, find the perks (I miss where most of that weight found itself haha), find the beauty in every situation. Love and light to you
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i love ya just the way you are :) and katatonic, you show great strength and wisdom

you are fully on the way, if not already there, to recovvery from all your self doubt

you scream  i am woman i am beauty i am power and i know who i am now.

i was so happy to read that (and what 50 pounds..your silly you'd be 1/2 of you without it)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KatatoniK
@katatonik
5 years ago
43 posts
Ive always been 110 pounds even after i had my son, for years. Now I ballooned to 150. I just wanna loose some of the weight. Things rub and chafe and its uncomfortable and its hard to be as active as I used to be. I love to run the woods and walk everywhere and now its killing my knees. Just wanna get back to a healthy weight. Mind you I'm only just 5'3". Lol tho I agree to loving where the weight has decided to settle in certain areas ;) not so happy with the spare tire around my waist! Haha I shouldnt look 6-7 months pregnant at all times. Haha anyway! Today marks one week with my locks. So totally happy with my hair :) also picked up some headbands and scrunchies for when i have to put my hair back! Dollar stores rock! :)

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form