Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Time for an Introduction

ClintonC27
@clintonc27
6 years ago
15 posts

Hello.  My name is Clinton.  I've been lurking for quite some time and mining this exceptionally useful resource for all the info I can ingest.  Now, I feel it proper to finally introduce and share a bit of my story.  This is my second attempt at locks and I'm taking the correct approach this time.  The first attempt was probably about 10 years ago and the only information on how to do this came from the web, which, at that point, consisted almost solely of companies pushing product and disseminating terrible misinformation.  So my first attempt was a batch of back combed, fat, lumps which I then proceeded to drench in wax and spend countless hours palm rolling, root rubbing, dread balling, and obsessively pulling in every loose hair I could find with my hook.  1.5 years later I had no trouble whatsoever combing them out almost as if they hadn't dreaded at all.  Still, I thought nothing of it and for the next decade dreamt of the day I could resume pursuit of my true self.

10 years later I have decided I am at a point in my life to take the journey again and luckily, thanks to wonderful collections of information and dread communities such as this, I am heading down the right path.  I used the twist 'n' rip method in september to initiate and have left them alone since then.  Nearly three months old now and my hair is seeing more advancement towards dreadlocks than my previous attempt after a year and half.  I currently am admiring and gushing over all the lumps, zigzags, and loops that are forming.  Almost every morning I wake up and find new loops and lumps that I could swear weren't there yesterday.  A unique expression of my own personality. No more obsessing and attempting to control that which I cannot.  

This is all new to me.  I never once saw a single loop or lump in the waxy nightmare that was my first attempt.  I wasn't even happy with or proud of my first dreads.  They were just "bleh" and not at all as inspiring as I thought dreads should be.  This time around I am absolutely in love with my hair.  The development and journey is everything I originally thought dreadlocks were supposed to be. I am eternally grateful for places such as this that have shown me the light.  Who would have thought the answer would be so logical; so simple?  Just let go.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Welcome.

Post some pics mate.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
6 years ago
54 posts

It’s very nice to meet you. Welcome. I’m also 6 months in. This is my 1st time taking this journey. It so happens I was very lucky and came across this site when doing research which took about 1/1/2 years or so before starting. I almost went to a stylist and thank goodness for this site I didn’t. The zig zags are wonderful and amazing. Everyday is a unique experience. You will be so proud of your dreads this time because you’re taking the journey this way. Such an amazing experience. Enjoy!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

post comparisons if you have photos from back then in the wax/dread kit recovery section

its stories like yours, here by the thousands that are why there are so few stories like yours anymore used to be 1/2 were wax dissters now 1 in 200 and almost all caught within a day or 2

welcome to the site!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ClintonC27
@clintonc27
6 years ago
15 posts
I’ll do some digging and see if I can find some pictures from back then. That feels like it was 2 lives ago - back when MySpace was still a thing, before I purged my life of social media, and a time when people still had physical prints of photographs! Also I am having a bit of trouble attaching photos to posts yet so this can be a multifaceted learning experience.

Thanks for the welcomes!
ClintonC27
@clintonc27
6 years ago
15 posts

Ok I’m not sure what picture even attached here. I’m using my phone and it’s presenting some real challenges.

updated by @clintonc27: 12/01/18 05:18:33AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form