Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My introduction: also need as advice

SilentRob
@silentrob
6 years ago
2 posts

Ok so in one month into journey. I'm mostly European but also have African, Jewish and other descents mixed in.my journey seems to defy everything I read both on your  website, on YouTube videos from both white and black people so I'm not sure what to expect. At 1 month my entire back of head is dreaded to the point where people immediately notice it's dreads, while my front is more loose curly baby dreads. The issue is, my dreads are forming from the root out, not at the tips. Another wierd issue is, some of my dreads on back are super tight full dreadlength already, while others are tight at roots but look like regular curls at end. My hair is super curly but also soft. I'm more European then African but I have section of my hair that are dreading like either, for instance some formed almost a spiral lock, while others are almost forming a straight hair looking lock? I have 200-250 probably forming on my head, I keep separate to keep each at pencil width. I don't see anyone who posts on YouTube or internet that is approx 50% white/Jewish 25% native American 25% African so I really don't see many people with my hair type. I don't have a real descint race, I'm fair featured (dark blonde hair, blue eyes) but my facial features and hair type don't seen to match either *White* or *black* or native or Jewish, so like basically I'm at a loss as what to expect. I am having hair that dreads super fast, starts at roots not tips, and some places it's dreading quicken then others, really unsure how it's going to turn out or what to expect

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

i know how it will turn out

uniquely yours

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they are babies they will change alot  and quickly  the straight 1's might go crazy kinky as the kinky ones go straight

--
SilentRob
@silentrob
6 years ago
2 posts

Soi don't gotta worry about it? Basically I'm just worried that certain parts will stay forever standing up, right now my main Issue is my hair stands up, sometimes a good 6-7 inches straight into air lol.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

mine did too when young, only short dreads will do that  gravity takes overr as they get longer

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Post some pics mate.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts
They sound like they’re going to be amazing 😉 I second @femalepheromones, post some photos!
PoopiePants
@poopiepants
6 years ago
81 posts
@silentrob 200-250 locks and you're only a month in? I only have 9 and it's been well over 5 years since my first knot! :D That's the thing with dreadlocks, if you start with expectations you'll probably be disappointed. Sounds to me like your hair is going to turn out exactly like it naturally should be. Don't stress about it, enjoy the journey!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form