Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey everyone..

locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

Ok, thank you for all the helpful info. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

:) I take the time to help everyone ;)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

Could I ask for advice about my son's new dreads then too? :D They are starting to look really shaggy already. He has had them in exactly one week, and just gave them their first gentle wash with knotty box starter bar of soap. Afterwards he did a touch of palm rolling with a small amount of aloe from our plant. It sure seems like ehe has alot of loose hairs already though...I will post pics from when it was first done...and pics from yesterday before he washed. Where do we go from here? He was told to come back for a maintenance appt in 3 months time, just like I was. (First and Last pic are the day they were done)

Also wondering how you feel about the Knotty Boy tightening gel. Ingredients :Aloe Vera, Sucrose, Xanthan Gum, Hemp Seed Oil, Panthenol, Quinoa, Oats, Lime Essential Oil, Geogard® (Preservative).

IMG_6368.JPG
IMG_6368.JPG  •  231KB

IMG_6486.JPG
IMG_6486.JPG  •  1.5MB

IMG_6485.JPG
IMG_6485.JPG  •  1.8MB

IMG_6367.JPG
IMG_6367.JPG  •  276KB

updated by @locdout: 08/22/18 04:07:57PM
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
Crochet is talked about like it can prevent loose hairs, but it doesn't unless you are crocheting all the time, and the loose hairs get worse and worse because it's breaking hairs.

I suggest leaving them be. Wash at least a couple times a week and separate so they don't eat each other. Dreads are gonna have loose hairs. The dreads will eat them in time.

Idk about Knotty Boy shampoo. The ingredients don't sound bad to me, but I'm not an expert. I use the shampoo from the site connected to this one (click dreadlock shampoo in the menu) and it's amazing. I just wash my scalp, so a bottle lasts me just over 3 months. And they smell pretty awesome.

Good strong dreads take time and patience. ♡
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
To clarify, I use liquid shampoo. Bars are usually recommended for mature dreads.
locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

Ya, this bar is different from the other bars they sell. It's for new dreads. They have liquid soap as well though. The products this site promote look awesome, but Knotty Boy is literally right here in Vancouver, Canada where I live, so it's cheaper and convenient for me. From what *I* can tell..if I just stay away from their wax, it should be ok. I'm mostly wondering if we are better off using our aloe plant to neaten up our dreads, or KB tightening gel.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

You don't need palm rolling, aloe or tightening gel. Just leave them along and over time the loose hairs will get eaten by the dreads. You just have to learn to embrace the messy stage

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

Ya, that's ok for my son..but when mine starts getting crazy, I will need to do something about it for work. 

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

What's your definition of crazy?

20180823_084718.jpg

I just tie mine up loosely at work and you wouldn't notice the craziness.

20180823_102443.jpg

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
locdout
@locdout
6 years ago
31 posts

My definition of crazy is totally different than my boss's. I have to pull my hair down and back to cover my shaved undercut. I have to wear long sleeves even when it's hot out to cover my tattoos. I have to take out all my piercings and I'm only allowed one earring per ear. If my hair gets like the pic of my son's I posted above (with all the loose hairs all shaggy) she won't like it. I don't plan on being at this job forever (or even for very long), but I do have to appease her while I'm still there. I honestly thought she might fire me when she saw I got dreadlocks.

updated by @locdout: 08/23/18 03:28:40PM

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form