Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello!!

brandi.guerrero
@brandiguerrero
6 years ago
26 posts

Hello. I’ll try to make it a quick intro cuz I have a tendency to ramble. I’ve wanted dreads for years and years, this is my 3rd attempt and I am committing to making it the final. I think I’m 3 months in now. Purely free form (except 1). I separate them often and roll them some. My hair is super fine and thin.. right now my biggest concern which is not even too concerning is oil, I was an every day washer, which I know causes more oil, so I am working on training my scalp. Right now I’m down to washing every 3 days and it’s doing ok as they mature I imagine it will get better.. lots of loose hair but I don’t too much mind it right now. Other thing that makes me a wee bit nervous is shrinkage.. I know I know it’s natural I just hate to lose half or more..anywho there goes the rambling.. Glad to be here and sticking it through this time for sure. Photos kinda named in order maybe.

4.JPG
4.JPG  •  1MB

One.JPG
One.JPG  •  955KB

2.JPG
2.JPG  •  1.5MB

3.JPG
3.JPG  •  372KB

5.JPG
5.JPG  •  2.1MB

brandi.guerrero
@brandiguerrero
6 years ago
26 posts
Oh forgot the most recent photo
Yesterday .JPG
Yesterday .JPG  •  2.3MB

LunaKat13
@lunakat13
6 years ago
54 posts

Nice to meet you. Your dreads are looking great. How far along are they? 

LunaKat13
@lunakat13
6 years ago
54 posts

LunaKat13:

Nice to meet you. Your dreads are looking great. I’m in my very 1st dread journey and am 6 & 1/2 weeks in now. 

brandi.guerrero
@brandiguerrero
6 years ago
26 posts
Thanks!! It is hard to say “officially” because it’s my 3rd try and even in between trials I would rarely brush my hair (once a month maybe), but lookin back at photos I’d say these babies were started mid May.. which makes them around 10 weeks.. and then of course going free form some are older some are newer.
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
6 years ago
54 posts

I gotcha. Same some are a bit newer even with just a 6 week time frame. It’s all so very exciting😁

brandi.guerrero
@brandiguerrero
6 years ago
26 posts
Yours look really good too.!! it is exciting they change every day.. Last time I kept it up for 6 months and brushed them out because I didn’t keep up with seperating.. I don’t do any maintenance but do spend a good time with them just playing.. I have never loved my hair, or myself for that matter more. I hope your journey is pleasant always.. although there will be ups and downs of course.
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
6 years ago
54 posts

Really? Thank you so much! Here’s hoping you have a great journey. The daily changes and surprises keep it exciting. You should try to be good to yourself. You’re too cool. 😎

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Welcome to the site.

Your hair is looking great at the moment.

One thing I will say and I'm sure others will tell you as well is that palm rolling actually doesn't do anything and is a waste of time.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
brandi.guerrero
@brandiguerrero
6 years ago
26 posts
Thanks and Yea. I’ve read that, but just based on what I’ve already seen it seems it does keep them a tiny bit more even and I use more my fingers to sculpt them, I rarely use actual palm rolling. I want them to do their own thing but I also like giving guidance so they can do some of what I want too 😂 and if it’s a waste of time that’s fine because I have plenty of that.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form