Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi everyone

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I'll try a bit of conditioning to soften them up and then just keep washing once a week and see what happens.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

good plan ;)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
x0baya0x
@jt
6 years ago
7 posts

I'm literally in the same position as you.. have practically the same hairstyle too. 

How goes your progress? I also fell into the mistake of getting my dreads retightened and crocheted twice.. last time was the 9th of December. Had them since the 5th of August. 

I'm extremely worried, as I work outside and have to wear a dreadsock in order to stop them from getting dirty and I feel like it will impede the process of locking naturally.. I also tend to tie them (as loosely as I can) backwards when I go out but leave them out at home and when I sleep.

Some other information: I wash them once a week with Neutrogena T-Gel 2-in-1 dandruff shampoo and use a leave-in conditioner spray.

updated by @jt: 01/08/18 03:35:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

i mentioned that shampoo isd the most toxic shampoo on the market

and not at all dread safe.

was wax used? i'll tell you, i drag mine through mud  till they are caked to 3 times the thickness then rinse in a muddy river  daily to get the excess off .. 1 wash when i get home and they are good and clean .. theres no reason you need to cover them outside unless your working an oil rig or  a lumber5 mill (or in a sewer) 

you 2 are both at the beginning of recovery he just posted this last response days ago.

id get a better shampoo, ..condition as needed lightly till they loosen (would not use anything from knottyboy, even the safe products just cause of ethics we called for an all out boycott of any company that dares sell wax for dreads)

jojoba oil is a better option add lavender if desired.. you can make your oewn

--
x0baya0x
@jt
6 years ago
7 posts

I'm new to all of this and not at all as clued up as i should be.. I know I just wanted dreads for a really long time, but I'm starting to see the cracks (praying that will not become literal) of rushing in and getting them done in a salon. 

Fortunately, wax was not used but they told me to use a hairspray(?) instead.. like, actual hairspray for styling. I didn't need to be clued up to figure that's not a great idea.

Is there any shampoo you would recommend? Sorry in advance if this has already been answered. 

Thanks also for the spray suggestion.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com teatree rosemary for dandruff  pathoulli for psoriasis .. any and all help but those are treatments. use cold water too  the liquid tightens so use the bars for now

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Mine are pretty loose at the roots now which I think will take a while for yours to get to if they were crocheted recently. Conditioned for the first time this past weekend on Soaring Eagle's suggestion and they so feel a bit softer (but also frizzier) just conditioned them quickly then rinsed out and washed with shampoo straight away. Where are you from? It doesn't seem to be easy to find good dread shampoo in the UK. And shipping from the US seems to cost about 4 times the price of the shampoo. You got pics of yours? Be nice to see the difference/similarities.

--

updated by @femalepheromones: 01/09/18 01:58:26AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they will get very frizzy from all the broken hairs/..but it will settle down

the shampoos shipping is high for 1..but since you can get 6 bars or 4 liquids (years supply pretty mucvh) in 1 order for the same shipping feee its more reasonable..

if you can find a cheaper way to ship im certain shed be willing to consider it

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Unfortunately that then means spending £60 on shampoo.

I'm gonna keep looking around for some in the UK. There must be some good stuff somewhere.

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Hey Soaring Eagle can you have a look at these and let me know what you think?

Thanks in advance.

https://superdreadshop.com/collections/dread-shampoo

--

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form