HashFlare
Dreadlocks Site is now 100% powered by Bitcoin
Dreadlocks Forums

Loced for 5 months now

Tangled
@tangled
3 weeks ago
9 posts

Hello! It's Tangled here. Wish you all a very Happy New Year and Healthy locs!

Started my dreads using the two twist strand method and didn't use any products to make them. It's been a little over 5 months and I am loving them! My hair has always been curly so the twists didn't unravel when they were young and now at the back of my head a lot of twists feel and look more and more like dreads. The twist pattern will take quite a while to go away but I am happy with the progress and it feels awesome. The loopy stage is getting out of control though it might not be visible in these pictures but so far I find myself enjoying them. 

I don't use any products whatsoever to "keep them dreaded". They are doing their own thang and I am fine with that. Wash them every other or every 2 days or so. Keeping them clean and separated is all I do and I use homemade shampoo that incorporates soap nuts, berries and other roots. 

upload1.jpg
upload1.jpg  •  761KB

upload8.jpg
upload8.jpg  •  1.1MB

upload6.jpg
upload6.jpg  •  1.1MB

upload4.jpg
upload4.jpg  •  2MB

upload3.jpg
upload3.jpg  •  1.6MB

upload5.jpg
upload5.jpg  •  1.1MB

upload9.jpg
upload9.jpg  •  2.1MB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 weeks ago
28,195 posts

gorgeous hair!

i wouldn't think that method would work well in your hair texture but just shows ya how much it wanted to dread

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Tangled
@tangled
3 weeks ago
9 posts

Thank you! :) I am just glad the dreads are forming fast. I thought it would take close to a year to see any significant progress due to the method I used. Also, I didn't find many people online who start their dreads using two twists so I was prepared for a slow ride. But thankfully my hair loves getting tangled! Laugh

Hey, thanks for creating this site. I found so much information here to finally have the confidence to start my loc journey. Usually so many other sites peddle completely ridiculous and expensive methods for dreading and I am glad I got my advice here. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 weeks ago
28,195 posts

we don't want your money only want your dreads to be happy and healthy.. therefore we are motivated to tell you the truth instead of lie to get you to cough up the $

oh my god we had 1 girl, spend $5k on salons over 2 years and they did everything u can do wrong they did it. they used so much wax  she had infected breakouits requiring another 5 grand in medical bills even surgeries. 

somehow they managed a lil dreading and loops formed the freaking salons cit the loops off!

after 10k sunk and dreads that wouldn't dread we had her do wax removal.. 2 weeks later, her dreads were dreading more then the entire 2 years with salons, and, she cancled her next already scheduled surgery cause her skin cleared right up

soooo glad you found us and not any of the other sites

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form