Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi there!

Indigo_Sky
@indigo-sky
7 years ago
2 posts

My name is Cindy. I just recently decided to actually go through with the idea of dreading my hair. I'm very new to it, though many of my friends have dreads. I could really use a few tips!

For one, I have really straight hair. My hair hasn't always been thin, but I've had a horrible habit of wearing a hat at all parts of waking hours for like 4 years now. I decided to start the neglect method about three weeks ago. I only wash my hair every three days and use Dr. Bronner's, nothing else. Though I can see where my hair wants to section off by the third day of not washing, once I was it, it becomes very straight, frizzy and completely tangle-less again. But it looks messy. Because of the frizziness, I end up wearing my hat all the time because it's not really an acceptable look in the work setting. Though I think my hat is ruining the process of the neglect method. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? And I look forward to being here!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

the hat will prevent it from dreading

1st check your water type if its moderately hard, or harder, don't use bronners!

tell your boss that your dreading (look in the featured discussions for your legal rights explained) then go to work with messy hair and l,et it dread.

when washing carefully only wash the scalp, try not to rub the hair around, then rinse and shake gently then air/drip/sun dry 

using a towel can wipe out months of progress

wash gently treat it gently till its knotted and don't wear a hat

if a hats unavoidable a loose tam like wool hats best 

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Indigo_Sky
@indigo-sky
7 years ago
2 posts

Oh man haha, it looks like I'm doing everything wrong. The water in my area is definitely hard... what should I use instead of Dr. Bronner's? 

I also use a towel to dry my hair quite a bit which is maybe why I'm having trouble here. My hair completely untangles and just gets frizzy every time I use the towel. 

The hat isn't unavoidable, it's just a habit that is hard to break. I feel weird without my hat! But I'll have to get over it haha.

Thanks for the advice!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

dreadlocks shampoo is the best dread shampoo there is, and is made for hard water

it's as natural and organic as bronners, and as ethical (if not more so) 

yea toss the towel use the liquid till mature then switch to bar

the liquid will make it knot up fast

lose the hat too

let us know how that changes things

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form