Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ideas?

GreyPsyche
@greypsyche
7 years ago
7 posts
So seven and a half years ago, wow, how time flies...I decided to grow dreadlocks, I came to this site and you all informed me of the most healthy and natural way to grow them. Three and a half years after they developed, (they were down to a little over chest length), I decided to cut them off but vowed to grow them again one day. Lately it has been dawning on me that I'm missing my locks and I'm dying to dread again but I'm kinda sad at the same time because I remember that locks have a certain impact on your entire life. Currently I'm a cook at a nice local restraunt in a small town that kinda looks down on the alternative looks. I also have tattoos so I'm kinda in that scene already but who cares, my concern is my job and future job positions. I'm also concerned about the messy stages and not to mention that I'm not entirely sure that I want a full head of locks. I'm considering something like a dreadhawk or something different. I love the look but it seems hard to pull off. Also I'm concerned about how to section them as last time I chose not to section them and ended up with some very wild locks most of which I loved but I also had a problem with a certain particularly large flat and annoying dread, haha.so that's me what do y'all think?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

let them section themselves but with minimal control to prevent any from forming too big

look in featured discussions for a post about your title ix employees rights

your right to dread is guaranteed by law as long as its connected to "any sincerely held beief" even if yur the only 1 in the world that holds that belief

its a law that is wide open to interpretation from any form of spiritual conection. 

unless you have some native American philosophies a dreadhawk might be ever so slightly more difficult to defend since most spiritual reasons for dreading would be against he cutting or shaving of the sides

finally almost nobody has ever had any issues with dreads affecting their jobs the very few who have have made it in the national news and caused outrage  often resulting in policy change

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

ps glad you came back to us after all those years away

--
GreyPsyche
@greypsyche
7 years ago
7 posts
Thanks, SE! I've definitely been missing my dreads although I've honestly enjoyed the short hair, it let's my scalp breathe! Haha. But I can't wait to be dready again. I really like the dreadhawk idea as it appears a little more masculine IMHO plus It'll allow my head to breathe but we will see. I'm just letting my hair grow for now.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i never worry abut what looks masculine

i wouldn't feel any less masculine in a skirt...

--
GreyPsyche
@greypsyche
7 years ago
7 posts
I would feel pretty in a skirt...I'd feel handsome in a kilt. There's a difference depending on the eye of the beerholder ;) haha.

It's hard for me to decide, back when I had dreads I was in the counterculture scene so it was no big deal but I've had to join the rat race and join society that I hate and I'm trying to grow and branch out of it but still remain a part in a sense, it's hard when appearance defines people and other people's perception. Back then I had no concerns of what people thought but it grew aggravating having people follow you around thinking you may be a thief. I'm older now though so maybe I can make it work who knows lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i never had ppl do that to me when in the rat race or not 

but you would be amazed by how many of these people have phds or were/are ceos 

in fact a huge number of former ceo's retire to join the counterculture

my good friend Robbie (who better be in Oregon in a couple weeks when i get there) was in the documentary "off the grid' he wears a suite made from all his ties from his career lives in a tipi with ties flyig from the tipi poles

his business card lists 3-6 phd and ceo credentials but then in bod red below them 'and also an accomplished apple picker"

you ate being in the rat race so don't let it turn you into something you hate too

on cnn there used to be ads for some tech company or other a bunch of ceo's and company founders sitting around a table discussing cyber security and corporate responsibility type stuff .. 1 of them had a bright red Mohawk sticking straight up

his style choices made no difference in the respect he got as a business leader

--
GreyPsyche
@greypsyche
7 years ago
7 posts
See I never went to college, wish I had went for English and philosophy as I really want to be an author. I had a college reading level in elementary. Wish I had taken it further. I think it's easier for guys up top to do what they want within their professions as their more qualified and people would hate to lose them. I may join college soon, I'm not too sure yet.

Also, I want to move to Oregon, wish I knew some folks or could get a job up there! Let me know if you know someone who could help that would be awesome!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i know a lot of people in Oregon (1 of the places i would most love to live)

jobs are easy in Oregon now that medicinal and recreational use are legal.. a lot of travelers go there to work as "trimmers" during the harvests. all of the west coast is very much involved in the green revolution so tech jobs in the clean energy sector are prevelant. 

and for writers.. well theres a lot there to give you inspiration.

why don't ya come on out to the Oregon gathering/ its time to start packing and figure out how you'll get there

ps we are headed from east coast and may sill have room (or want to find a bigger vehicle to take more people)

what do you drive and where are you at?

--
GreyPsyche
@greypsyche
7 years ago
7 posts
I drive a gas hog of a chevy, I live over in western NC. Right beside the GA and TN border.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form