Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello! I'm Anthony! Give me tips!

TonyTheGrizzly
@tonythegrizzly
7 years ago
5 posts
I just ordered some dreadlockshampoo.com liquid and I'm gonna wait to wash again until it gets here! Here's some quick pics of the progress! 8 days in ✌️
image.jpg
image.jpg  •  1MB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  997KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  1024KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  933KB

JT
@j-welsh
7 years ago
42 posts

Which one did you go with?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i see progress but lets get a comparison 3 weeks after shampoo change 

how far in are you now?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Irie
@irie
7 years ago
41 posts

Hey Anthony, I noticed our hair is very similar!
I started my dreads about July of last year and my hair was about the exact same length/texture/and even density as yours is now.

The one thing I want to tell you from personal experience (and personal regret i have currently) is do not skimp on your separation.
Its going to be very important to find someone to help you (I had no one, still dont) to keep an eye on the back of your head.
Several of mine got too large and even when I felt with my hand I thought "thats not TOO big" but in reality once it started to mature it was far too big.
I have 3 specific dreads currently on the back of my head that I can tell should actually be about 9 or 10. Im going to struggle so hard to fix it because I didnt pay enough attention. Dont make my mistake :]

Just my 2 cents because im suffering now because of it.

updated by @irie: 05/09/17 05:42:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

how big are they theres a lot of tips on here for helping to save that

--
TonyTheGrizzly
@tonythegrizzly
7 years ago
5 posts
@j-welsh I went with the lock-in up tea tree liquid shampoo! I have always had a more dry dandruff prone scalp and tea tree has always helped 😊 @irie thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to keep an eye on the back especially while seperating! @soaring-eagle I'll definitely post updates after a couple weeks of washing with the new shampoo! Thanks everyone!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

u might see a difference 1st wash if u do let us know

--
Daniel2
@daniel2
7 years ago
62 posts

What's the difference between using the bar and liquid? I don't have to worry about anything unraveling, it's been 33 months now so I'm not afraid of that. So regarding mature dreadlocks, what difference would it make using either or ?

As for advice, as someone mentioned, separation. Get used to it! And patience. The progress you'll see in the first month won't be the same you'll see in the 6th month and so on. Heck it's been 33 months for me and mine still haven't reach full maturity. Yours will be a different case cause we have different hair types, so hang on even though at times it'll seem like forever. 

TonyTheGrizzly
@tonythegrizzly
7 years ago
5 posts
2 weeks in. Hair is definitely starting to section itself. Starting to notice in my roots, especially on top and in the back. The lock-in up liquid shampoo is booooomb sauce and it's working well at keeping my hair feeling clean and dandruff free which is solid 😊 More to come.
image.jpg
image.jpg  •  879KB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  1.2MB

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  826KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

Daniel2:

What's the difference between using the bar and liquid? I don't have to worry about anything unraveling, it's been 33 months now so I'm not afraid of that. So regarding mature dreadlocks, what difference would it make using either or ?

As for advice, as someone mentioned, separation. Get used to it! And patience. The progress you'll see in the first month won't be the same you'll see in the 6th month and so on. Heck it's been 33 months for me and mine still haven't reach full maturity. Yours will be a different case cause we have different hair types, so hang on even though at times it'll seem like forever. 

the liquids made to make it dread faster (useful when you have a lot of loose hairs in mature dreads too) but dries the hair

in mature dreads use the bars most of the time liquid when you want to kick start some loose hair dreading

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form