Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello everyone

Awaseru
@awaseru
one month ago
8 posts
Hello everyone!
I just started my journey. I live in the Netherlands and I'm 28 years old. I've wanted dreads for a long time but the time was never right. Then last October I woke up one morning and knew, this is it, I want dreads, I do not have any doubts anymore.

Because I wanted to be sure I didn't dread my hear immediately, I started doing research and preparing my family for the change. I had to prepare my mother especially, she is trying so hard to be supportive! She never said anything bad, but I can see it in her eyes. As I'm a black woman somehow its expected of me to have super tight and neatly done hair. My hair has always been a mess though, I don't pull my hair simply because I don't like it. It hurts! But yeah, my mother thinks dreads should be "perfect". She's the best though, supporting me while thinking I look terrible.

Originally I started freeforming January 2nd.but that didn't work for me, I would wake up every morning to one giant dread that would easily take up to 4 hours to separate, and then it would happen the next night again. This was very damaging to my hair so I stopped and after a week or two I started over. February 1st I put twists in my hair and now I leave them be. Most twists have come undone, but they're still separated at the root, so yay for that!

I'll upload some pictures when I'm at my computer.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
one month ago
27,679 posts

awesome start ..just remember to separate not by twisting but by just pulling them apart

hair like yours that wants to dread overnight  does take a whole lot of separating early on but they settle down as they mature

glad moms supportive! just don't let anyone suggest you need a salon visit

look forward to seeing the photos

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Awaseru
@awaseru
one month ago
8 posts

Pulling apart is what I'm doing. I don't want bald spots!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
one month ago
27,679 posts

good

i know for some weird reason theres a lot of pressure to go bald  in the African American community

glad your stronger then the pressure

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form