Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello everyone

Awaseru
@awaseru
7 months ago
15 posts
Hello everyone!
I just started my journey. I live in the Netherlands and I'm 28 years old. I've wanted dreads for a long time but the time was never right. Then last October I woke up one morning and knew, this is it, I want dreads, I do not have any doubts anymore.

Because I wanted to be sure I didn't dread my hear immediately, I started doing research and preparing my family for the change. I had to prepare my mother especially, she is trying so hard to be supportive! She never said anything bad, but I can see it in her eyes. As I'm a black woman somehow its expected of me to have super tight and neatly done hair. My hair has always been a mess though, I don't pull my hair simply because I don't like it. It hurts! But yeah, my mother thinks dreads should be "perfect". She's the best though, supporting me while thinking I look terrible.

Originally I started freeforming January 2nd.but that didn't work for me, I would wake up every morning to one giant dread that would easily take up to 4 hours to separate, and then it would happen the next night again. This was very damaging to my hair so I stopped and after a week or two I started over. February 1st I put twists in my hair and now I leave them be. Most twists have come undone, but they're still separated at the root, so yay for that!

I'll upload some pictures when I'm at my computer.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 months ago
27,921 posts

awesome start ..just remember to separate not by twisting but by just pulling them apart

hair like yours that wants to dread overnight  does take a whole lot of separating early on but they settle down as they mature

glad moms supportive! just don't let anyone suggest you need a salon visit

look forward to seeing the photos

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Awaseru
@awaseru
7 months ago
15 posts

Pulling apart is what I'm doing. I don't want bald spots!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 months ago
27,921 posts

good

i know for some weird reason theres a lot of pressure to go bald  in the African American community

glad your stronger then the pressure

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form