Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

starting journey. 4th week already. hair too short to dread?

SpookeDread
@spookedread
7 years ago
27 posts

Yo so i had an afro before, and it looked like my hair was long enough to dread easily. But now, 4 weeks in, i don't know if it actually dreads. looks way too short since it twists so much. i'd like to post some pics, and hopefully read some of u guys' thoughts about how it is going. imo i don't think i got to the baby dreads stage yet. btw my last haircut was in july 2016. 
so how's it dreading?? 
replies much appreciated :)

DSC_0006.JPG.jpg
DSC_0006.JPG.jpg  •  2.8MB

DSC_0007.JPG.jpg
DSC_0007.JPG.jpg  •  3.1MB

DSC_0008.JPG.jpg
DSC_0008.JPG.jpg  •  2.9MB

DSC_0009.JPG.jpg
DSC_0009.JPG.jpg  •  2.7MB

DSC_0010.JPG.jpg
DSC_0010.JPG.jpg  •  2.9MB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

its progressing well but  you might want to make a choice between freeform that forms any way it wants even if its 3 huge flat  dreads and organic which form naturally but with a lil control

it looks like a fe areas maybe matting down close to the scalp forming what some call a hair helmet with lil whispy curly tuffs sticking out from the matted areas/?

i maybe wrong  that's why larger inline images are often better then attachments

but it kinda looked like a few spots had  flattened tightened matted areas close to the scalp between lil hair curls sticking out

if you decide on organic you might want to try to separate the flat matts into individual dreads  b4 gthey are too set in to do anything about

if you want freeform and let them form any old which way then yes i see progress at 4 weeks with hair relatively short  its about where i would expect

what you wash with, and how though can make a big impact

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form