3 months in and looking crazy!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

TXmomDani:

Soaring Eagle,

Update on this shampoo...

This is making my hair tangle like crazy (which I guess is a good thing). I keep having to separate my dreads more than I have thus far. Also, I have a little dandruff now. I have some tea tree oil. I've heard this can help. What application do you recommend?

Wow, must have missed this when the site wasn't sending emails..if its over dreading and over drying switch to the bars now and then... the teatree bars

theres a teatree liquid i think right..i rarely use liquid but when i do its nag champa

but if your separating daily use the bars  only liquid when you want to speed it up a lil

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

TXmomDani:
fundoo:

TXmomDani:

Soaring eagle, 

Thank you for being so patient with me and all of my questions. I am wondering if this is normal? A few pieces have looped back on themselves and around 6 inches shorter. 

awe awesome! The loopy stage is so fun! Looks good! :D

Soaring Eagle, 

Hello! I hope all is well. I have a new question.

Would criss crossing some of my dreads in hemp hinder the locking process? Thank you

no, like beads it may help

--
TXmomDani
@txmomdani
8 years ago
39 posts

Thank you! I appreciate your help.

I will post a pic update soon. My dreads have tightened like crazy. Some of them are only 3 inches long now. Yikes! My friend told me yesterday that my hair looked like it wanted to "eat her face." So, needless to say- my hair is looking a bit wild. My biggest supporter is my husband and children... so that's all that matters. 

TXmomDani
@txmomdani
8 years ago
39 posts

Almost 4 months

20161209_121138.jpg
20161209_121138.jpg  •  920KB

20161209_121005.jpg
20161209_121005.jpg  •  1.7MB

20161209_120942.jpg
20161209_120942.jpg  •  1.7MB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

they are wild ones..i hope ya gave her a lil growl at that

--
ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

image.jpg Wow, that is awesome. I feel the same most days, here are my pics (about 4 1/2 mos)

i have a couple of twisties that I just leave alone. I guess my hair has a mind of its own and that's ok. 😑

image.jpg   

image.jpg

3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
8 years ago
60 posts

hey txmomdani they're looking great right now.  definitely wild but I like that.  excited to see how they will evolve!

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
TXmomDani
@txmomdani
8 years ago
39 posts

@carolbrennan,

Thank you! I am excited as well. :) I will keep looking at your (& others') progress for encouragement.

greenbo
@greenbo
8 years ago
4 posts

hi I'm new to this I've been neglecting for around a year and 4 months now just would like some comments to know that they are going OK. I now wash them 1 or 2 times a week depending on my work. Also should i be doing anything now to help them out thanks

20161213_192331.jpg
20161213_192331.jpg  •  4.1MB

TXmomDani
@txmomdani
7 years ago
39 posts

5 month update

The crown of my head is doing really well. I am still seeing little to no progress with my back/bottom/underneath sections of hair. I am becoming more excited with how the top dreads are coming along, though. I will post a few pics. Please excuse my tired eyes. I am a mom. :)

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form