Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello! Gabriel here :)

tngbrl
@tngbrl
8 years ago
5 posts

Good day fellow mates, nice to see there's such a forum in regards to dreadlocking. First of I'm Asian and have very thin fine straight hair. I recently started dreading by using the back comb and palm roll method for awhile. I realized that the top knot was very loose and decided to re-tight it by making another knot for some dread. Somehow or rather it worked and now I think I can feel its dreading. Next of, I've been washing my hair every 3-4 days now. I only recently started washing more often after I came across this forum after reading a few post. As I wash my hair, i noticed that there is many hair strains coming out of the dreads thus making it not dreaded and just dangling like how a thin fine hair should be. Will that just freeform and dread into it?I am not sure if I'm doing it right. Here's a pic of my dreading and my hair. :D Any comments/helps/advice welcome!

DSC_0192.JPG.jpg
DSC_0192.JPG.jpg  •  1.1MB

DSC_0194.JPG.jpg
DSC_0194.JPG.jpg  •  852KB

DSC_0193.JPG.jpg
DSC_0193.JPG.jpg  •  928KB

DSC_0195.JPG.jpg
DSC_0195.JPG.jpg  •  1006KB

DSC_0197.JPG.jpg
DSC_0197.JPG.jpg  •  986KB

DSC_0198.JPG.jpg
DSC_0198.JPG.jpg  •  866KB

DSC_0196.JPG.jpg
DSC_0196.JPG.jpg  •  1.2MB

DSC_0199.JPG.jpg
DSC_0199.JPG.jpg  •  914KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

hi, well having loose hairs is part of the process yours will be fine just will take some time

i see the knot you made..that was a bad idea!!!

tying a knot in a dread is likely to cause it to break..at that knot!

don't worry about them getting loose, looking less like dreads, or having lose hairs...or even falling completely apart

just keep washing and leaving it alone and it will dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tngbrl
@tngbrl
8 years ago
5 posts

Thanks! Should i try to take away the knot or just leave it as it is? By the way, im currently residing in NZ and was wondering where can i purchase sea salt spray for my dreads. Would it be better to spray em? Cause my hair isnt dry.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yes undo the knot if you can and sea salt can be bought in most stores then make your own spray

--
tngbrl
@tngbrl
8 years ago
5 posts

I have alr try to undo some knott some cant cause its a bit messy and cant a way to undo em. Thanks! Ill try to do my own sea salt spray! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea just like interlocking you have a limited amount of time to undo the harm before you cant get it out

--
tngbrl
@tngbrl
8 years ago
5 posts

I just hope from now on everything will be fine. I find that if i keep back combing and then washed my hair it doesnt help a lot. Just keeps on gg back to the original state. Guess its better to leave it and let it do its magic

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly everytime u re-backcomb you set progress back to day 1

you juswt have to let it go let it do its thing

--
tngbrl
@tngbrl
8 years ago
5 posts

Sweet! Now is to do the sea salt spray. When would it be a good time to spray? How often?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

spray about weekly

spray an hour  or 2 before you wash

its not needed but does help

don't overdo it

just sticking some beads in here and there i think helps more then anything else out there

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form