Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cold head,Warm heart :)

dannylou
@dannylou
14 years ago
21 posts

I live in abigold VERYdrafty house and my only heat source is a wood stove .Sometimes its very challenging to get my house warm enough so that after I wash my hair my dreads don't take tooo long to dry. Does anyone have any tips on helping your dreads dry faster without blow drying them?

peace&love

updated by @dannylou: 02/14/15 03:27:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
shake em squeeze em wring em i sometimes if i wash late in day b4 besd put someting besides or above the beds to drape em over like a drying wrackoh airflow a fan even if iot makes u colder..i also "fluff em" meaning rearange em alot so dsamper ones asre more exposed to air

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
I heard that a sham wow will make dread drying super easy. never used one myself but it makes total sense.
j.boy
@jboy
14 years ago
47 posts
sham wow...that could work... Vinny said:
I heard that a sham wow will make dread drying super easy. never used one myself but it makes total sense.
brooke blinebry
@brooke-blinebry
14 years ago
13 posts
kind of...its a special fiber cloth that pulls liquid up without alot of effort...they sell it as a kitchen towel on tv or probability in corporate stores like walgreens and walmart by now. I bet it would work quite well.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Actually remember someone with locks giving some good feedback on the shammwow, only problem is finding a good enough size one.
dannylou
@dannylou
14 years ago
21 posts
thats awsome! i never thought of that! i was a spring board diver and we used towles like the shammwow only we called them shammies (and they were tye dye, my coach dyed them himself ) but they were used because you couldnt be super wet going up on the board. so it really makes sense! i dont think though it matters how big they are because you could just ring them out. thanks folks i think i have my solution! peace&love
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
Just bought me some Shamwows at walmart :D Can't wait to try em out :D
Melanie2
@melanie2
14 years ago
99 posts
In the Uk we call them microfibre cloths/towels. I've watched the diving on tv and noticed that they they have those tiny little towels to dry off the excess. I prefer a big beach towel myself as I'm usually cold when i get out of the pool/sea.
dannylou
@dannylou
14 years ago
21 posts
they work amazing for me man love washin my hair now :) Peter Hollingshead said:
so did they work any better than a normal towel?

Izzy-licious said:
Just bought me some Shamwows at walmart :D Can't wait to try em out :D
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form