Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting out?

CMagz
@cmagz
8 years ago
1 posts
Thinking of getting dreads and know pretty much nothing about them, could I get some advice on methods etc? incase you can't see my hair is pretty thick
image.jpg
image.jpg  •  503KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

well

theres no methods needed..you don't have to "get dreads" just grow dreadlocks

dreadlocks are your hairs natural state..  all hair wants to be dreadlocks it tries to be every day and theres a billion dollar industry just in preventing hair from dreading

the only method besides natural that's even worth considering for you would be twist and rip

but read the dreaducation page it covers the good and bad of all methods

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

Hi,

your hair looks similar to mine, except longer in the bangs/front. I am letting my hair go and I'm just starting out,too. (Although I'm older than you!) Pleass post pics and keep us updated on your progress. I'm trying to relax and enjoy the process.

ty jumli
@ty-jumli
8 years ago
17 posts

Hey it's my 2nd day . I have no idea what should I do . Just washing with water no shampoo , towel rubbing n using salt water. 

ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

Hi,

i think soaring eagle answered your other post - try to get some dreadlocks shampoo and wash every 4-5 days without rubbing it all apart. He recommends scrubbing at your scalp and not using a towel. Can you post some pictures? The people I've heard using salt water or ocean swimming seem to get good outcomes. How long is your hair? Mine is only 4-5 inches, maybe 6 in the back.

updated by @ceebenn: 08/18/16 11:33:23PM
ty jumli
@ty-jumli
8 years ago
17 posts

ty jumli
@ty-jumli
8 years ago
17 posts

my hair at 3rd day.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

start using a dread shampoo and you should see changes soon after

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

Your hair is beautiful! I actually kind of love it the way it is. As you can probably tell, the dreads start forming at the ends, and sort of work their way up,as the hair grows into them. You will probably see your hair start to "shrink." Search here for some "baby dreads" photos and you'll see what happens. I like the look of the loose locks anyway, and yours will look great that way. It's hard not to pull or twist at them, but that's part of the process. Could take months/years. :)

updated by @ceebenn: 08/20/16 09:50:49AM
ty jumli
@ty-jumli
8 years ago
17 posts

Thnx😊 ..I appreciate it . How have you been keeping your dreads ,can u send a pic.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form