Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

Hello all. I am a complete novice and newbie when it comes to dreads. I just started to consider "hair freedom" recently, while going through a lot of other personal changes. Yoga has been a big influence on me, as has music and drumming. I don't know what my path is, I am focusing on peace and openness to see what my outward expression and interaction with the world will be. I have been very introverted and self-conscious and I realized my appearance is part of that. So I am deciding to take a "live and let live" approach! I call my method "restraint" because it is not neglect. It is curious observation as to what my self wants to express.

Last summer, in an impulsive moment, I used a hair trimmer and buzzed my hair down to about 1/4". I felt bold and excited at first, but it was very hard to be peaceful after I made this choice. I was hugely self-conscious and uncomfortable. As the months went by, I struggled, and only felt better when my hair was back to its "normal" length (which is still pretty short). I have trimmed it once or twice, but have found that I want to let it grow and let it be.

I investigated methods, and felt resistance to all but the most organic approach. My hair goes weird curly directions in the back, and looking at it, I feel like it has a dread-y style to it already. ?? I admit I have pulled the ends and tried to find out if there are clumps or pieces to twist, and I have twisted and pulled a few strands. Not sure if this is the way to go?

Here's to a fascinating journey!

Save

updated by @ceebenn: 02/03/18 03:51:15PM
ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

Here are my Day 3 pictures.

updated by @ceebenn: 08/05/16 09:43:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

that's going to dread interestingly

try not to mess with it much and even though it appears to make progress in 3 days the shortness of it might mean it will take a couple more months of growth and messiness before actual dreads form

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

Thank you! I wonder if you have seen weird curls like this before? The back feels like it tries to go to one big clump sometimes, like an ice cream cone. I don't know if I should resist the urge to kind of smoosh it apart.

foz_bee@hotmail.com
@fozbee
8 years ago
34 posts

Welcome from England, I think I may have gone through something similar myself a year or two ago, though of course no two people walk the exact same way. Keep focussing on peace and it shall be yours, best of luck buddy!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea I've seen it before ..you will have to keep an eye ion it to make sure it doesn't form huge dreads but till its knotting up its best to not touch it

you could be pulling apart sections before they get a chance to even start to dread

--
ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

foz_bee@hotmail.com:

Welcome from England, I think I may have gone through something similar myself a year or two ago, though of course no two people walk the exact same way. Keep focussing on peace and it shall be yours, best of luck buddy!

Thank you!

ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

Here are my two week pics. Not sure I see anything happening... but I'm continuing, using dreadlocks shampoo.

updated by @ceebenn: 08/16/16 12:20:23AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

something's happening, but its only been 2 weeks

your hairs going to take a lil longer then that

--
ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

Yes, I am learning some patience! Part of the appeal for me is that the dreads reflect where you are in your journey, and the achievement is in the patience and willingness to wait and watch without interfering. I admire people who obviously have so much time and peacefulness invested in their locks!

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form