dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi. New dreads (2 weeks)

JasmineLei
@jasmine-lei
8 years ago
3 posts
Hello everyone :)

I just started my new set of dreadlocks. They are exactly 2 weeks old today. I'm very excited about them :)

My first set (4 years ago) didn't work out, because I didn't do a good job keeping them separated and I ended up with a grapefruit sized lump of hair in the back. Eventually I gave up fixing them and shaved my head :(

But finally my hair is long enough again, so here I go continuing the journey!

IMAG0241_1.jpg
IMAG0241_1.jpg  •  269KB

IMAG0239_1.jpg
IMAG0239_1.jpg  •  229KB

IMAG0238_1.jpg
IMAG0238_1.jpg  •  368KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and congrats ..but the crochet was a very bad mistake

typically (if tight) it prevents any dreading at all for 6 months (just 1 use) and takes 3 years or so to recover from and causes extreme damage

so throw the hook in the trash and don't use it again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

though it looks like you didn't over do the crocheting so you might have lucked out and not have any big problems

--
JasmineLei
@jasmine-lei
8 years ago
3 posts

I think they're going to be fine. My use of the crochet hook is minimal, and I don't use the same technique that seems to be so popular (and counterproductive) that I've seen in most "how to" videos. Mostly they are a loose twist n rip with a little bit of backcombing at the roots. Not sure how often I'll want to use the crochet hook for maintenance...or if I'm going to need it at all. This set seems different than my first. The sections are staying separate from one another pretty well on their own right now. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

all techniques are damaging but yea making them real tight is super counter productive before ever using it again read all the info on  here on crochet

every use only makes you have to use ikt more to fix the damage from the last use

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form