Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how long does it take for dreadlocks to "grow" in length?

IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
ok lets say i have fully dreaded hair. how long will my hair grow per year (an inch? maybe less?) after the locking process
updated by @illumiknotty: 01/13/15 08:31:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well i began congoing june 08today feb 10 te congoed part (very front dread) reaches from hairline to very bottom of chin guess 8 inches?guess tats bout 1/2 inch a month?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Andres
@andres
14 years ago
18 posts
Wow ur hair grows fast. Ive been 4 months and it has grown about an inch. I guess my rate is about 1/4 inch per month.
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
14 years ago
88 posts
or you might have thicker dreads Andres said:
Wow ur hair grows fast. Ive been 4 months and it has grown about an inch. I guess my rate is about 1/4 inch per month.
Pwntus
@pwntus
14 years ago
47 posts
Side Question (Dont mean to hi jack thread)How much shorter does hair get once its dreaded? assuming it does get shorter from locking up.Say for example you have 10 inches of hair undreaded.Dreaded, how long would it be?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
variesbut on average u loose 1/2 even 2/3 to shrinkage b4 growt starts Pwntus said:
Side Question (Dont mean to hi jack thread)

How much shorter does hair get once its dreaded? assuming it does get shorter from locking up.

Say for example you have 10 inches of hair undreaded.

Dreaded, how long would it be?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
haha, that last line was good. Rama Varma said:
Hair grows at about 1/2 inch a month, on average - faster in warmer weather, faster if you're eating healthily and, I believe, faster if you're gestating. As someone with a sad habit of cutting his hair and regretting it immedietely afterwards, I've got quite hung up on this. I presume hair growth doesn't actually slow in dreads (maybe it's even quicker cause the hair's healthier?), but it doesn't grow directly into length. Since I stopped combing, my hair's looked shorter, even though I know it must be a little longer, because it's starting to tangle (Well, either that, or it came out, didn't see its own shadow and has retreated back for six more weeks of winter!).
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
alot can depend on the method, my hair was growing all the while, but from the moment i backcombed, to around 8-9ish months, my hair only shrunk, only since then has it gained length,
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
mine was 2 feetish long before, and 3 mths in its less than 1 foot and i expect it will get shorter over the next 9 mths or so... but thats just me, from what i read every1 is differant and there are a lot of variants eg... hair type, method used, how fast ya hair grows, diet...and the list goes on... they say as a general rule that you should expect to lose 1/3 to 1/2 of the origanal length by the time they "lock"... but as i say every1 is diff...so i guess... if you aint prepared to lose up to 1/2 or in the worst case more than... then dont dread... Pwntus said:
Side Question (Dont mean to hi jack thread)

How much shorter does hair get once its dreaded? assuming it does get shorter from locking up.

Say for example you have 10 inches of hair undreaded.

Dreaded, how long would it be?
Skully
@skully
12 years ago
23 posts

Does it shrink less if you did T&R?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form