Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I know I wrote a post about this already, but I just wanted to confirm, the soap by Yardley that I got says it is a moisturizing bath bar, and contains glycerin as an ingredient. I am wondering if it too would be too conditioning since it is called a moisturizing bath bar, so is it better to just not use it on my dreads at all to save them from more root loosening (that was caused by using that beer soap) or is it possible that it's safe on my hair. I was told it may be unwise to use it on my hair due to it being moisturizing. Thoughts? (the ingredients were already posted elsewhere in this thread.)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

12 to 1 is best for dreads as a minimum some do 20 to 1some even 40 to 1 but that's a lil extreme

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i wouldn't use it

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I had more meant what is the minimum amount of bronners I could use for the recipe to work well. I currently use a tablespoon of soap to 12 tablespoons of water,  is it possible to reduce the recipe to under a tablespoon of soap and still have it work, if so how many teaspoons of soap would still make a usable mix?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

like i said

12 - 1 is really the most basic mix

many go to 18-1 20-1 and even heard of a couple going to 40-1 though that's very very weak

12-1 to 20-1 would be the range  whatever works in that range

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Yeah, I knew that 12-1 is the minimum amount to dilute. I was more asking about if I were to use teaspoons of soap instead of a tablespoon, for about a half as potent soap, would I use 1 or 2 teaspoons? (to stretch the soap I have) or is it better just to stick with using a tablespoon due to this version of the mix being too weak?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

1/2 of 12-1 is 24-1 its still in the range that's  usable

but ..stretch the soap? really? your paying the same for most soaps, and stretching it to 12 times as much as any normal soaqp at the same cost

isn't 12 times more for the same price stretched enough?

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I'll try to clarify my question. I am more asking would it be beneficial to use about 1/2 a tablespoon as my measurement instead of a whole teaspoon. I would still plan to use the 12-1 ratio, I do not want to  double the water, and never intended to, just wondering if using half as much soap and still using 12 parts water is ok for a mix or if I should just continue to use a full tablespoon of the soap instead of trying to use 1/2 a tablespoon of soap (since that is a bit weaker). I am asking because I am wondering if by using a tablespoon of soap that is a little bit too much soap for the mix thus why I am asking about if using 1/2 a tablespoon of only the soap, and keeping the 12 parts water is a good idea or not? I hope that clears things up as far as my question goes, sorry for any confusion. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

ok got ya but why are you using spoonful's  as measurements?

easiest way to do it is.. reuse the old bottle or any other bottle you got

since i used the big bottles which are close to 12 inches tall, i put 1 inch of soap and the rest water

it doesn't matter if you use  spoonfuls, cups, gallons, quarts, ounces, bowls full, splashes, thimbles full, or if you can stand the taste, mouthfuls.

as long as the ratios once measured come within the 12-1 and 20-1 ranges your fine.

it doesn't have to be exact measures either just a "that looks about right" estimation of what you think 12-1 is

so, what you could do if say you bought the smaller bottle instead of big 1 is, take an empty gallon milk jug, or any larger closeable container, pour the entire  bottle of bronners in, then fill the bottle 12 or more times with water pour it into the jug. 

i always had 2 bottles of bronners in the shower 1 the full strength  1 the diluted, whenever the diluted 1  ran out id add 1 inch of bronners or about 1/12th of the bottle then fill with water (slowly or it foams like crazy)

ps many co-ops and health food places give a discount if you keep your bronners bottles and refill them

co ops especialy tend to have a bronners refilling station.

dr bronner originally intended that you buy abottle once then refill and reuse it forever  (says so on the label if you ever bother to read it all)

so when the bottle you have now is used up use that s yoir dilution bottle

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok Thanks, I'll keep in mind that I can also just eye-ball the amount and have it work out. 

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form