Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

depends on the oil and amount of hair i use like a 1/4 teaspoon about

so experiment  for conditioner oils 3 drops wont do much of anything  remember you want it spread throughout your hair so try 8-0 try 15-20  etc start lower work up till it seems  nearly too much then back off a little

So do you mean start with 8 drops at a minimum?

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

In the winter I find it difficult to use cool water for my showers, so I use warm water. The itchy scalp appears to be short lived, which is good.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

-try 6 and yea it sux in winter..i use barely warm,,warm enough to not be cold then try finishing with a cold rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

How should I go about working up to more, would I increase by about 1 drop per week, or something more? I'll keep in mind to start with 6 drops. my coconut oil is the type that starts off as a solid state instead of an oil so how could I tell if I have enough of it or too much? I used to do a cold water rinse, but last few times I've washed I haven't done a cold rinse. I should have done a cold rinse. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

you should be able to easily tell if 6 was nowhere near enough then try 10-12  if that's too much try 8

1 drops next to nothing ..with essential oils 1  drop of cinnamon oil is enough for 2 batches of cinnamon cookies they are very strong but  carrier and conditioning oils 1 drops nothing a 1/4 teaspoon to a gallons a good fairly strong  conditioner i sometimes us a full teaspoon

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I have a decent sized bucket, that is about 3.5 gallons, so would 6 drops be enough for a conditioning soak be enough? Or if I were to use the coconut oil I have (that is more solid at room temperature, how much could I start with for that?  (I'll have to go by measuring spoons for that). I am considering doing it today to see if that helps my scalp (plus I am still getting over a cold so I could use a warm shower, but I don't plan on actually washing my dreads ie shampooing.)....I'm also sort of debating about just doing an ACV rinse instead of futzing with oils at the moment, but I do plan to do a soak with oils in the coming week.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

acv is acidic enough to rubberize a bone after  soaking in it a day..i think its better to use the oils

3.5 gallons is a pretty big bucket  you'd only need to fill it 1/4-1/3 with water then use the drops

for the coconut oil that has to be warmed up to liquefy, so set it in the hot sun (summer) or put the container in a  sink full of hot water  till its liquid  then yiu can use a small amount

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I have been combing my beard as it grows out, when it hits 6 inches or more I am thinking I may stop combing it, but I am allowing the phase of growing to give me the time I need to think about the prospect of growing beard dreads...but I keep wondering, even at under 6 inches of length, is the combing I'm doing to my beard still counter-productive to the possible desire of having it lock up? ( I did get my beard trimmed, but the guy who did it only trimmed a very tiny part of the cheek and neckline, which are easy to reproduce and don't harm the length of my beard at all, which is great!)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

nah although if you stop at 3-5 inches it can start  to pre-dread .. sectioning and tangling etc

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I will keep that in mind, for the time beng, and maybe even for a while at or past 6 inches, I'm thinking I may still brush my beard.....time will tell on that part.

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form