Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

As it turns out I was sadly wrong, THIS is the current status of the gap in my parting

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Roots at a little over a month of not separating.....wondering if I need to go for two months. I assume from here on out, after the roots are fixed I'll need to adapt the infrequent separating schedule that this has created.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

looks good

you don't need a separating schedule haha just feel around from time to time and you will know when u have to separate or not

last night was 1st time in a very long time i separated more then 1  or 2 (and found several that were 3 inches about connected but not tight enough that they didn't come apart easily with a nice big rip

there were 2 or 3 smaller ones that only connected at the 1/2 inch by the roots but were tight enough that i left them to congo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Tried to get a better photo of the change in the roots....hopefully, it's easier to see the progress.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i see it but more importantly you see the progress

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So I take it I could start separating again when needed, or should I give it another month?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

when needed is all you need to know

theres no give it a month or do it right away..its when you need to do it do it, no more or less

you don't have to do your whole head in a day just when you find 2 that need to separate ..separate them

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Thanks for the advice. I ended up separating the back of my hair, as they had gotten pretty entangled with each other throughout the month...since my dreads are already decently thick I'll try and keep tabs on the congoing since I'm not so sure I want them to congo up, but I'm still up in the air on that.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

1st 18 years my only congos were totally accidental.. just missed them before they already were congos .. then when they reached the ground and the thin ones  kept breaking at the ends i let them congo at will almost entirely so in another 20 some years they will be thicker at ground level

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

A little more progress on the gap on the top of my head. I have found that I have to separate the back of my head most often...but that is oly about once in a while, usually after I wash them: 

updated by @ravens-light: 08/03/16 09:53:57AM

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form