Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Warm Greetings; New Passenger on The Journey

skywarrior
@skywarrior
9 years ago
4 posts
Hello everyone! I am Skywarrior. I've made an acct here before but I am forgetful so I've made this one. In the past I tried dreading my hair and didn't get far due to career purposes. Now I am my own employee and have no one telling me how to do my hair.

I've always wanted dreads. When I was 17 I cut my hair into a pixie cut to see how it looked, how I liked it, ect. I was preparing myself for dreads even then because once my hair grew out I was determined to have dreads one day and if the dreads didn't work out then I would just cut my hair short again and I already know I like my hair short. I'm 22 now and my hair is down to my waist in the back.

It's dreading time.

At the beginning of the month I stopped brushing my hair. I have very straight, very mildly wavey hair that gets super oily in the scalp with each day I don't wash it. I didn't wash for a few days after brushing and thought for sure my hair wouldn't dread up on its own. I did a BS wash with some EOs and got to TnR'ing.

I started at the nape of my neck. I have three in the first row and six in the second. I started the third with one when I noticed two dread forming on the right side of my head and one on the left. Pleasantly surprised I've decided to stop TnR and lets see where the dreads form themselves. I figured if one pops up in a weird place then I can fix it then but until I'm just along for the ride.

As far as support in my real life goes its non existent. I have one friend who supports me but she is too busy too actually help me with them. So I'm very glad I've remembered this place is here. If you've read through this don't be afraid to chat with me. I'm kind of shy at first but warm up to people quickly.

For those of you passing through good luck to you in whatever stage of this journey you are in! Much love and blessings to you!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and good choice i mean you already had 2 in under 2 weeks many more will pop up soon hair that long will love to dread fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
skywarrior
@skywarrior
9 years ago
4 posts

Thank you! I don't really have anyone else to share my excitement and experience with. I also live in the south and am expecting lots of ignorant questions and remarks. But I'm not going to let people scare me away from doing what I want. 

I also got got your chat message but am on mobile and hit the wrong button and it X'ed out /: I'm still trying to relearn how to use the site, I apologize. 

skywarrior
@skywarrior
9 years ago
4 posts

I'm about to jump on a computer. This mobile site is great but too tiny for me lol! 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

the sites been massively upgraded since u were here last, you didnt forget yoir password, there was a password reset email that went out and not everyone got it u just needed to hit resend pasword, or, hit contact us and id reset it for ya 

i can even just link the 2 profiles to 1 account

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Welcome aboard! You're definitely right, the place is here. I too have lot to share to the group though I'm still in the process of stiching my stories:) 

But yeah, I'm also new to this site but it helps me a lot on our journey and now I'm on my 4th month and enjoying the ride. A lot of things happening but if you are detemined to what you want and don't care about what other people think, that would make you happy, go on! It's your life anyways.

So see you around! 

Peace out!

Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
9 years ago
53 posts

Welcome! I'm about a year in since I stopped brushing. I added t&r to the top but left the rest to nature. So we are in a similar boat. I started my journey with pretty short hair though. Enjoy the ride! The natural ones are fun to watch progress!

skywarrior
@skywarrior
9 years ago
4 posts

soaring-eagle; i'll have to do that. i really liked my last acct too

garism and amanda-clouse; Its very nice to meet you! Thanks for the advice, i'm definitely excited to watch everything grow. (:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form