Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

newbi :(

Topher
@topher
9 years ago
5 posts

hey guys im new here ive been growing out my hair for sometime now its still short but still growing.i am doing the neglect method washing my hair with bakeing soda and lemon juice and water.I wash my hair 2-3 times a week i was wondering if you guys can help me thu my jounry i can really use your guys help wha t do i need need to use for my hair? when do i wash it? can i wash it everyday with just water i really need some help gys thanks here is how my hair looks now 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome

1st off...never use lemon juice!

2nd, u can wash as often as u feel you should, but every days a lil too often

take 15,000 mg of biotin every day  it takes awhile to start to see a diference but after awhile the growth rates  doubles even trippled

u might not notice for months though

how are u doing thebaking soda exactly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
aylissa
@aylissa
9 years ago
3 posts

newbi:D

Topher
@topher
9 years ago
5 posts

thank you!! well this is what i did last night 1tbp of sea salt 1litter of water and sprayed it on to my hair and rub it all around waited about 5 to 10 minuets.Then i when into the shower and rinsed all the sea salt water out of my hair i rinsed it really good to take the salt off.Then i took 1tbp of bakeing soda in a half of water mxed it then pour it on to my hair and rub it around getting the sculp and then i rinsed really good to take all the sea salt and bakeing soda.is it ok to just use water on your hair even though you have washed it the day before with bakeing soda and sea salt ? i took a shower and just used water on my head and try n get rid of the oils what do i need to start doing starting today? i will get the 15,000mg of biotin ever today or tommrow i know i have lots of time on my hair .i just wanna get a head start so my dreads come out beautful i wil not use lemon juice again thank you so much <3

Topher
@topher
9 years ago
5 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
welcome 1st off...never use lemon juice! 2nd, u can wash as often as u feel you should, but every days a lil too often take 15,000 mg of biotin every day  it takes awhile to start to see a diference but after awhile the growth rates  doubles even trippled u might not notice for months though how are u doing thebaking soda exactly
thank you!! well this is what i did last night 1tbp of sea salt 1litter of water and sprayed it on to my hair and rub it all around waited about 5 to 10 minuets.Then i when into the shower and rinsed all the sea salt water out of my hair i rinsed it really good to take the salt off.Then i took 1tbp of bakeing soda in a half of water mxed it then pour it on to my hair and rub it around getting the sculp and then i rinsed really good to take all the sea salt and bakeing soda.is it ok to just use water on your hair even though you have washed it the day before with bakeing soda and sea salt ? i took a shower and just used water on my head and try n get rid of the oils what do i need to start doing starting today? i will get the 15,000mg of biotin ever today or tommrow i know i have lots of time on my hair .i just wanna get a head start so my dreads come out beautful i wil not use lemon juice again thank you so much <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

well, 1st off the sea salt solution should be 3.5% salinity so use google search how many  tablespoons of sea salt per liter for 3.5% salinity  since that isthe salinity of seawater  its a commonly asked question  so you will findthe exact measurements

and for the  baking soda..u want 1 part baking soda to 10 parts water, so in any sized container fill about 1/10th with baking soda the rest water

or measure 1 (anything, spoonful, shotglass, cup, whatever as long as you use the same unit of measure for both the baking soda and h20) of baking soda and 10 of water

pour on soak 10 min then  rinse

note..no need to rub either in, in fact avoid runbbing both while washing and drying ..so dont use a towel

normally after rinsing the baking soda out youd use a very weak acv rinse. but if your oily by nature skip it till your not

you will want to get into the habbit of not wetting every day as they will dry very slow once dreaded

and removing oils daily, makes u preoduce more oils..its like if u crash diet and only eat a cracker a day, that crachers converted to fat as a self preservation from starvation

similarly  stripping oils daily your scalp produces extra oils to protect itself

so to get less oily, wash slightly less often use baking soda to make it less acidic and in weeks it should be less oily

you canadd thyme tea or essential oil to also help regulate oil production

--
Topher
@topher
9 years ago
5 posts

Thank you so much i bought some Biotin 5000 mcg i couldnt find 15,ooomcg so im just gonna take 3 of them also i coulndt find how much sea salt and water i should use on my hair i just disolve one tablespoon of sea salt into a half a liter of warm water let it disolve then i pour it into a spray bottle and i spay it on my head.i was thinking about just haveing a routine just wash my hair every 3days then go down to once a week so i have a routine 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

• 1 1/2 tsp per 8 oz (1 cup) water
  • 1 TBSP per 16 oz (1 pint)
  • 2 TBSP per 32 oz (1 quart)
  • 4 TBSP per 64 oz (1/2 gallon)
  • 8 TBSP per 128 oz (1 gallon)

convert gallons to litres

as fotr biotin 10,000 - 15,000 is good so 2-3

and every 3  4  5 days its all good as long as its a minumum of once a week

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

actually 1 tablespoon  to 1/2 liter is  spot on perfect...or close   thats basicly 17 oz or veery slightly under 17 oz  so, like a lil under 1/2 liter  is perfect though  yopir 1 tbs per 1/2 liters close enough

--
Topher
@topher
9 years ago
5 posts

awsome do you think its best everytime i wash my hair i should just leave it alone and air dry it? i heard its bad to use a hair dryer 

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form