Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Separating Question

Claire3
@claire3
10 years ago
36 posts

Here is a photo of my hair at 2.5 months of neglect. The underside (mainly loose hairs, not such defined curls) are beginning to knot, but the top still hasn't (I understand I am early on in the journey). I have been separating the natural curls, for example: 2 will start curling together (this happens with many) & then I carefully separate them to an individual curl. Do you think this is hindering progress? Should I let them curl together? My concern has always been that they will end up too big. Thanks to anyone and everyone for their input..

updated by @claire3: 01/13/15 10:04:46PM
PineWik
@pinewik
10 years ago
4 posts

I actually have a similar issue going on, the difference is i now have some sections that have lost any locks or knots all together. My dreads are only about one month old,twist and rip.I don`t have any answers for this but i thought i should let you know "you`r not alone"! ;p :) good luck and happy dreading!

Claire3
@claire3
10 years ago
36 posts

Hey PineWik! Thank you for responding! It's nice to have this community to ask questions & to share the journey. From your photo, your dreads are starting out great! The only maintenance I do right now is wash with Vicki's Locking Up shampoo & then separate daily. I guess will just continue doing this & use my best judgement with their sizes, unless anyone else gives me different advice. You should post more photos so we can watch your journey. :))
PineWik said:

I actually have a similar issue going on, the difference is i now have some sections that have lost any locks or knots all together. My dreads are only about one month old,twist and rip.I don`t have any answers for this but i thought i should let you know "you`r not alone"! ;p :) good luck and happy dreading!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

answers simple

if they are forming too big (judge by the area at the roots) then seperatre..if they arent too bitg..leave emn alone to dreAd

otherwise your pulling would be dreads apart

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form