Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

In need of tips?

anyssa perez
@anyssa-perez
6 years ago
2 posts
My dreads are almost 2 months old and I have very naturally straight hair. I constantly find so many straight hairs coming out of or apart from my dreads. Especially every time I wash them. My dreads were done via using the crotchet hook. Is it recommended that I use wax? Some lady at a beauty supply store suggested I use that to keep all the hairs together but I'm skeptical. It's so hard for my dreads to lock up already I think because my hair is so naturally straight :/ any tips or comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks
updated by @anyssa-perez: 01/13/15 09:59:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,338 posts

your hairs not hard tyto lock up just what your doing is making it hard to lock up

noooo never ever use wax!!

the crochet broke tons of hairs which pop out

thety will never be locked up in 2 months it takes a year..but the crochet made it take 6 months to even begin to dread

what are you washing with?

stop trying to force it just sit back relax and let it happen

your hair would have dreaded beautifuly if all you edid was stop combing

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
anyssa perez
@anyssa-perez
6 years ago
2 posts
I use the knotty boy soap bar to wash it. So if I stop using the crotchet how would I get all the loose hair back into my dreads? :/ my straight hairs always come out and it doesn't look nice
CoriElaine
@corielaine
6 years ago
174 posts

Read the dreaducation section. It has everything about this.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form