Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the spirituality of dreading (regardless of religion or lack of)

V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts
Thank you for this SE! I totally agree, I did not know why I needed to lock but it was such an urge that i had to realize after many years of longing to. Dreadlocks are truly the path of mystic.
updated by @v2: 07/22/15 08:28:39AM
GeorgiaFreeSpirit
@georgiafreespirit
13 years ago
28 posts
i couldnt agree more with you on this post... when people ask me why i dreaded there are many reasons but i cant seem to put them into words, because i feel they cannot be explained but experianced in a way that words cannot express..you are a divine soul. words cannot encompass experiances, or even come close to the truth. The divine can only be felt not thought or spoke of to be of direct truth. You are a great person and i am so blessed to have met you on this journey we call life.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea you absolutely grow and feel more in touch with all that is

and when you cut them yiu do feel a profound loss too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Summer Santos
@summer-santos
13 years ago
9 posts

Thank you SE! I couldn't agree more!! Namaste!

Nikki5
@nikki5
13 years ago
30 posts

I find it hard to explain the spiritual aspect of dreading to strangers because I find that I am very much sharing an extremely personal journey. I feel if I share this aspect with non-dreads I am opening myself up to unwanted ridicule for my lifestyle choices. Even though spirituality is mostly the reason, I usually say something like "to remind myself not to judge people based on outward appearances" statement. Dreading takes a special kind of person and I'm not always apt to give away our secrets in a judgmental society. You have to earn the right to hear my opinions. Might sound kind of snobbish, but too many people (IMO) tend to do something just because they think it's cool. Show me you're spiritual and I'll share my secrets. Make sense? Lindsay said:
I agree with all of this. :) Its hard for me to explain to people that dreads are not all about "hair style" a lot dont realize there is something very spiritual about having dreadlocks :)
Soulsurvivor
@soulsurvivor
12 years ago
4 posts

Thank you for your beautifully inspiring words. I had started dreads last year, and I never could put a finger on why I was drawn to do it. I listened to some negative and very judgmental people in my life and cut them off, I felt so lost afterward, and missed them dearly over the last year, I have since decided to grow them back, I started with tnr and back combing, but since the January 1st or so I washed most of that out and have decided to go natural. I already feel suddenly free er. I know its only been a few days but there is a big difference in the way I feel. I also read Tarot, and wow have my readings been dead on!... as well as the feeling I get while doing a reading is amazing to say the least. I completely look forward to this spiritual journey I have embarked on. And again thank you so very much SE (:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its amazing the diference it makes huh

thats what alotta ppl dont get when they say its just hair or a style that can be changed and changed mack again on a whim

its much more profound then that

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

during vietnam there was a study done

the reason for the study, native americans were recruited as scouts for the uncanny ability to sense unseen dangers and survive surprise attacks

after joijning the native scouts hair was cut and they lost the ability to sense dangers and so they started studying this and the scours performed way better when alowed to keep long hair so it was determined that hair acts as a extention of the nervouse system alerting you to things yopir other sences might miss

this can include spiritual energies as well

--
Shannon Friedel
@shannon-friedel
12 years ago
8 posts

Lovely.

Mars McFarland
@mars-mcfarland
12 years ago
6 posts

The more of your writing I read, the more I love you. You have a wonderful brain. :)

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form