Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the spirituality of dreading (regardless of religion or lack of)

Jara
@jara
14 years ago
1 posts
this is very inspirational and I feel your words in my heart I hear your truth. thank-you for giving a voice to our shared choice
updated by @jara: 07/27/15 11:14:21AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
start a drum circle post it in a coffeehouse or healthh food store and watch the dreasdies show up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
I agree with all of this. :) Its hard for me to explain to people that dreads are not all about "hair style" a lot dont realize there is something very spiritual about having dreadlocks :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
when i started to dread i was on a mountaintop with 40,000 people all gathered together in total sillence to meditate for peace so they were born from a spiritual experience and grew from there through many simular experiences. what i dont understand is wanting to dread by standing in front of a mirror for hours and hours manicuring the dreads.i believe thaT DREADS TEACH A SPIRITUAL LESSON TO ANYONE WILLING TO LEARN NO MATTER HOW U START EM (YEA SOME PPL ARE RESISTANT TO ACCEPTING THAT)TO ME THO IT SEEMS THAT IF DREADS ARE A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY NO MATTER WHAT SHOULDNT YOU let it be spititual from the start let the dreads grow out of your spirit and not be forced that way you gain maximum ..spiritual effinciency i guess.. maximum benifit from every step of the way..srry bout the caps i should pay attention to what i wrote

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i agree except when its intentional like trying to look cool mispellings like mr clean uses then its annoyingbut yea years ago i was helping a seneca freind through a mourning process and part of the mourning cerimony was a seperation from the past by seperating the hair from the head and burrying it along with any items belonging to the person being mourned. that way instead of living in pain holding on to the memories they were layed to rest seperating the past from a new future without them..so yea all your experiences are bound up in your hairsometimes y may feel the need to cut too if youd been through a period of negativity but before u cut you should try to cleanse cleansing negative energies in your dreads can be done by soaking in sea salt or by smudging with sage (lemon grass can be used to raw in good energies too acter the cleanse with sage/cedar

--
student of life
@student-of-life
14 years ago
1 posts
"in fact, forget words, read with your hheart"Words to live by Soaring Eagle :)
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
I agree, though I didn't dread for directly spiritual reasons I felt drawn to it regardless of the oppositional opinions of many that I have to work with or be near on a regular basis. My partner doesn't like the way they look as they mature but loves the way they feel (very bumpy and chaotic right now) and I like that. To me, though dreading was more of a whole natural lifestyle and resistance to conforming to the curling iron, the patience I must maintain when people criticize them or make assumptions about me based on them, plus the patience of maturing them, it's all about patience and that's a core value that dreads have essentially forced me to reconcile with, and it also helps me in recognizing and realizing when I make an assumption too quickly. A bunch of little reminders on my head.
J Amethyst
@j-amethyst
13 years ago
1 posts

I love this post. I started this same journey back when I was in high school. I had always been considered "different" but I just call it knowing myself. I stopped the journey because I was worried about what people said and thought. Now here I am almost 20 years later finishing what I started. :)

Much luv and many blessings

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well its about time.. :)

much luv

--
Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
13 years ago
79 posts
like you said "to dread is to face descrimination, even invite itit takes strengt courage and a conviction that its whats right to do for you..."i have been discriminated my whole life, living in a heavily hispanic community, being Mexican and Spanish and not being able to speak spanish. Playing soccer a "hispanic" sport and having long hair. Having long hair since 7th grade and being called gay and a girl, i didnt care cuz in the words of Hendrix "I've got my own life to live. I'm the one that's gonna have to die, When it's time for me to die. So let me live my life the way I want to."

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form