Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

when did people start backcombing dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
actualy cant find any vidshave your fieance make a vid showing how much comes out after 10 years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/28/15 08:21:37PM
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
YEEE adelmo KIlLLlllS! hahahhahanicest guy ive ever met on a board,dreads are past his knees but i duno how he did um up but i kno he brazilian and doesnt toke hahahhaha Daniel said:
the oldest dreads ive seen were on a guy i skateboarded with once. Dont know how old they were but they were pretty damn long, about down to his ass. His name was Adelmo Jr, sponsored by a few companies, you might have heard of him.

Oldest backcombed dreads that ive seen belong to a guy at my school. 3 months and counting. hah
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
yeah hes a really chill dude, nice to everyone Matted Dew said:
YEEE adelmo KIlLLlllS! hahahhaha
nicest guy ive ever met,
dreads are past his knees but i duno how he did um up but i kno he brazilian and doesnt toke hahahhaha

Daniel said:
the oldest dreads ive seen were on a guy i skateboarded with once. Dont know how old they were but they were pretty damn long, about down to his ass. His name was Adelmo Jr, sponsored by a few companies, you might have heard of him.

Oldest backcombed dreads that ive seen belong to a guy at my school. 3 months and counting. hah
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
15 years ago
84 posts
the dreads sticking out are short. thats why they stick out. not cos theyre stiff. plus they are ties back with a rubber band. actually, they arent stiff at all. trust me, i play with those all the time. :p I think the pic is just hard for you to see perhaps... soaringeagle said:
he never did need it

but now its in there...and its very very hard to get out
the pic u showed u see how several dreads are sticking oit? with space between them and the dreads below em? thats a sign of stiffness theyre weight should make em lie ontop of eachother, not stick out that way..that shows that theres still lotta wax in there making em stiff
after dewaxing they will be so much softer feel so much better and..be alot lighter too they will wanna move again

try the dexaxing if he really thinks wax is good after removing it he can always add it aggain
in fact he can re-add the same wax as it will float to the surface and u can just collect all of it after u get it out

dreaded delusion said:
he doesn't really need it now but he did use it all the time.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i kinda think wax and backcombing alike started right about 10 years agoit seems dreadheadhq started around the same time, but cant find exact dates (way too many spam sites to sift through)acxtualy the domain was 1st registered : 14-dec-1999 so 10 years is rightis it any wonder that dreads over 10 years are so rare? Chad Evans said:
i have a friend, his dreads are just about 7-10 years now he used wax to start but did a wax removal only after two weeks of his so don't know if it really counts

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
you should make a video about dewaxing
michele
@michele
15 years ago
2 posts
my first set of dreadlocks was 21 years ago and i used a bit of twist and rip method, backcombing and the dreaded WAX!!!!!!
KnottyKonner
@knottykonner
15 years ago
40 posts
Yeah dude I actually met adelmo! He has such aGood vibe to him you know?

Daniel said:
yeah hes a really chill dude, nice to everyone Matted Dew said:
YEEE adelmo KIlLLlllS! hahahhaha
nicest guy ive ever met,
dreads are past his knees but i duno how he did um up but i kno he brazilian and doesnt toke hahahhaha

Daniel said:

Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
my friend steve (there's a pic of his dreads on my page) he had his dreads for 10 years, he started them back combing at a salon. But he didnt ever use wax
Nikki2
@nikki2
15 years ago
6 posts
ive heard that knottyboy have made the very first wax product way back in 1998, or 97 i forget,but before then there wasnt any products to keep dreads together.people may have used toothpaste, honey or something..lol

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form