Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads and human adaptation

tyler rakowski
@tyler-rakowski
14 years ago
19 posts
all of the religious retorts and replies here make me sad cant we all just get along with the fact that this is an interesting theory in human evolution?
updated by @tyler-rakowski: 07/24/15 05:21:07PM
Jack Williams
@jack-williams
14 years ago
6 posts
Scotland is in Great Britain bro ;)

new dreddie said:
Marley's father was British.
diskydoer400
@diskydoer400
13 years ago
11 posts
Evolution is as much of a theory as gravity. You can't see gravity and you cant cut a piece and study gravity but everyone reasonable person knows it's exists. Some people say you can't show proof of evolution but you can easily show that the earth is billions of years old. Take into consideration that the continents separate at the rate that your fingernails grow. Now if you look at Africa's coast and look at south America's coast you find the same species of plant and animals live there. You also find that the oceans floors is where the earths' recycled new land comes from and pushes everything in all directions including continents. That's why you find chunks of Africa coastline in S. America and if you want to figure out how long it took for them to separate , just take in account that your nails grow around like an inch a year and measure the distance between the two continents. Take in account that the earths' tides every so often adds a little time so add that to your equation . Also if you want to see evolution then get your own experiments going with bacteria that reproduce every fifteen min or flies that live for a day or anything with a short lifespan and eventually you will see them change in unpredictable ways. One really interesting experiment was done by a Russian scientist. Where he took silver foxes and bred for timidness and what do you know those silver foxes descendants turned into winning border collies. Also their tales dropped and their ears flip down. If you believe in a all knowing deity you would think it would create organisms with the ability to survive not just exists unchanging. Evolution connects us in a way that no other spiritualistic or religious or any other philosophical viewpoint can ever do. If your always looking up you ll never see whats going down. ;) take it easy
diskydoer400
@diskydoer400
13 years ago
11 posts
Sorry ,I realize its not exactly what you all are discussing but i just watched a evolutionary debate between a roman catholic and a creationist and it was frustrating. For some people evolution is true but they don't realize how much it changes things.
Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
13 years ago
79 posts
it is pretty funny explainig it to someone and saying how people have lighter and darker skin and they say its "adaptation", but isnt evolution the same as long term adaptation? haha

diskydoer400 said:
Sorry ,I realize its not exactly what you all are discussing but i just watched a evolutionary debate between a roman catholic and a creationist and it was frustrating. For some people evolution is true but they don't realize how much it changes things.
Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts
Evolution is how an organism becomes more and more sophisticated after a period of timeinresponseto it'senvironmentso yeah you can say that. Adaptation isbasicallynaturalselection. Many many factors influence evolution.
Valentin said:
it is pretty funny explainig it to someone and saying how people have lighter and darker skin and they say its "adaptation", but isnt evolution the same as long term adaptation? haha

diskydoer400 said:

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form