Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i need biblical references to dreadlocks my church kicked me out for wanting to dread

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

i never heard of such bullshit n my life jesus himself probly had dreads lol but yea this site has some refrences i kno this post is like few years old but dang, hope all is well they wernt worth ur presence my frined goodluck peace an luv do post an update on this im interesting to kno outcome my friend:D:D

updated by @jazzymomma: 07/27/15 11:14:13AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you realize that john the baptist had dreads thatr the rastas..are cristians but they believe jah was the holy spirit made flesh

all thier beliefs are based on the bible

the bible says samsons locks were the root of his power

jess was a nazarite rastas christians and jews all dread by the nazarite vow just as jesus did

now i spoke to you on the phone and you seemed pretty respectful so i give you credit there however you sounded ..no offence..mentaly handicapped (not as in retarded just slow witted and possibly with a touch of the crazies) (no offence meant just how you talked and sounded)

having gotten that out of the way as a possible cause for your belief in this but

jesus himself most likely had dreads (hair like wool was the only refrence to his hair but wool easily dreads and is "nappy'''' by nature) other members of his family..joseph for instance wa well known to have veey long dreadlocks..to the ground

and besides who gives a shit if its unchristian not everyones cristian you know

and the bible u trust so much says its ok to make your neighbour your slave to rape and kill children and if you beat your slave for 3 days and they survive..(i forget the rest of that 1) basicly it states its ok to beat your sklaves nearly to death as long as they dont die its a ok

so fuck your christial morality bullshit

every dreadhead alive is moraly superior wether christian or pagan or sodomizing heathen

caleb said:

Dear Brandon Law:

I know it has been almost three years since you typed your original question, but I want to respond now.

I have strong feelings about this topic. Please understand that I believe this is a very important Spiritual topic.

Please further understand that all I type below is typed out of genuine Christian love and solicitude for you and your friends.

Of course, you may disagree with me. If so, please reply accordingly. I submit this letter in the spirit of strong Christian advice and counsel, but also in the spirit of good-natured academic discussion.

Finally, Brandon, please know that I have performed all the research below, just for you, by myself. I have done all of it for you specifically, from scratch.

I apologize for the different type-sizes or fonts. That occurred accidentally. Even though some of the type is larger or smaller, if it is not in quotation marks, it was typed by me.

With that introduction, let me begin.

Dreadlocks are un-Christian, without question. Anyone wearing dreadlocks in the United States in contemporary society, could not possibly have come to understand what they were and to be attracted to them, and to wear them, without having been influenced by un-Christian, or non-Christian traditions, customs and styles.
Dreadlocks have come to be popular in the United States for only one reason: for the reason that they became popular in Jamaica among the Jamacian Rastafari in the 1950s and 1960s.
This basic point is easily proven by reference to any American dreadlocks-related website. I refer you to the following passage from the dreadlocks-related "Dready Girl" website, particularly the subpage thereof which has to do with the "History of Dreadlocks," which I easily found:
" The precise date of origin of the hairstyle is unknown. However dates range from 5000 BCE to 1500 BCE. The roots of dreadlocks can be trailed to the Rastafarians of Jamaica, and further, to Indian sages and yogis, but they have never been more popular or widespread than they are today. It is said that dreadlocks originated with eastern holy men, possessing nothing, renouncing the world and possessions (not even a comb) and even personal grooming, hence the inevitable dreadlocks."
To read the whole "Dready Girl" website, please visit:
I must repeat the passage from this "Dready Girl" webpage for emphasis to drive home the obvious, well-accepted notion that, for persons living in the United States, dreadlocks absolutely have their origins in the Rastafari of Jamaica: "The roots of dreadlocks can be trailed [traced] to the Rastafarians of Jamaica . . . ."
The Rastafari, in turn, were inspired to wear dreadlocks by seeing news photos of the Mau Mau people, taken during the Mau Mau uprising in Kenya in 1952-1960.
The Kenyan Mau Mau people are a subgroup of the Kenyan Kikuyu People.
The Kikuyu are the predominant people of Kenya. They were originally formed of the Bantu which migrated to Kenya either from the North/Northeast or the South.
I have found this written about the origin of dreadlocks, in the Wikipedia Article on Dreadlocks:
" The Mau Mau, a largely ethnic Kikuyu rebel group in Kenya fighting to overthrow the state government of the British Colony and Protectorate of Kenya from 19521960, hid for many years in the forests, during which time their hair grew into long locks. The images of their rebellion, then broadcast around the world, are said to have inspired Jamaican Rastafari to wear locks. [8] "
The religion of the Kikuyu People, and hence the Mau Mau, is not Christianity. I have found the following in the Wikipedia Article about the Kikuyu People:

"Spirituality and religion

"Ngai - The creator
"The Gky were - and still are - monotheists believing in a unique and omnipotent God whom they refer to as Ngai. Both the Gky, Embu and Kamba use this name. God was also known as Murungu by the Meru and Embu tribes, or Mulungu (a variant of a word meaning God which is found as far south as the Zambezi of Zambia). The title Mwathani or Mwathi (the greatest ruler) which comes from the word gwatha meaning to rule or reign with authority was-and- is also used.
"Mount Kenya and religion
"Ngai or mwene-nyaga is the creator and giver of all things, "the Divider of the Universe and Lord of Nature". He (God) created the human community. It is also believed that He created the first Gky communities, and provided them with all the resources necessary for life: land, rain, plants and animals. He cannot be seen but is manifest in the sun, moon, stars, comets and meteors, thunder and lightning, rain, in rainbows and in the great fig trees (Mugumo). These trees served as places of worship and sacrifice and marked the spot at Mkre wa Gathanga where Gky and Mmbi the ancestors of the Gky in the oral legend first settled.
"Yet was not a distant God (as known in the West). He has human characteristics, and although some say that He lives in the sky or in the clouds, Gky lore also says that he comes to earth from time to time to inspect it, bestow blessings and mete out punishment (similar to God's visit of Abraham before destroying Sodom). When he comes He rests on Mount Kenya and krma ka njah (Kilimambogo). Thunder is interpreted to be the movement of God and lightning is the weapon used by Ngai to clear the way when moving from one sacred place to another. Some people believe that Ngais abode is on Mount Kenya, or else beyond its peaks. Ngai, one legend says, made the mountain his resting place while on an inspection tour of earth. In the account God then took the first man, Gikuyu, to the top to point out the beauty of the land he was giving him."
The religion of the Rastafari is not Christianity. I found the following in the Wikiepdia Article on Rasta, or the Rastafari:
" The Rastafari movement , or Rasta , is an Abrahamic spiritual movement [1] that arose in the 1930s in Jamaica . Its adherents worship Haile Selassie I , Emperor of Ethiopia (ruled 19301974), some as Jesus incarnate , the Second Advent , or the reincarnation of Jesus, others as God the Father ."
There is no doubt that dreadlocks are, for Americans, who wear them in America, associated only with non-Christians. Dreadlocks are a religious symbol of religions other than Christianity. That point is inescapable.
The Rastafari worship Haile Selassie I because they believe he is jesus or god. The Kikuyu Mau Mau worship Ngai who they believe often visits Mount Kenya and is embodied in the sun, moon, stars, comets and meteors.
If you wear dreadlocks, you are wearing the symbol of religions which worship Haile Selassie and/or meteors.
I am only pointing out the truth. The truth is that, for Twentieth Century and Twenty-first Century Americans, living in the United States, it is inescapable that the dreadlocks which they wear here in the United States of America, came into American culture via the Jamaican Rastafarians in the 1950s and 1960s via the Mau Mau of the Kikuyu People of Kenya. All of those origins are absolutely non-Christian.
Sincerely yours,
Caleb Boone.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

to all member of dreadlockssite who believe in jesius

please dont be offended by my above remarks

i believe you are some of the only true cristains ive ever met (with a couple more off this site but not many)

i believe jesus set an example of how to live but many bible thumpers use a book..nort the real jesus as an example and they are truly evil although they may mean well

real cristians like you are accepting and loving not judgmental or opushy

we love all you dreadlocked jesus freaks (the freakier the better haha)

jesusfreedmysoul..especialy your a goddes of light and love

--
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Who is the better person?

The Mafia dude who kills many, but goes to church to repent and ask for forgiveness, Hail Mary and all that. I am sorry, but I just don't get the forgiveness bullshit that comes with that. Please put good money in the tray and all is forgiven.

The peaceful dread head who worships the earth, the sky, the animals. A good human being who cares for others, feels their pain, and does their unselfish best to help others.

Perhaps many people have lost faith in the church because of the church's belief, the twists to suit their purpose. Popes can overlook a pedophile priest and promote further up in the church. HUH

For those who do believe in God, you may let the sky be your church, the sounds of the wind, the whispering of the trees. Embrace the earth and be the best human being possible. If a church does not want you, then why would you want them? The minister or who ever denies a soul into their church should be damned, but oh yeah, all the minister has to do is ask for forgiveness in not letting a soul into the church and then all is fine.

I am neither a believer, nor a dis-believer, but I am a beautiful human being. If you believe, I embrace you, if you do not believe, I embrace you. If you are a wonderful human being, I embrace you and have you as my friend. ...Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your so beautiful and i love ya most bible thumpers annoy me but a pure beautidful spirit shines no mater what label they wear or what name they use for thier gods/goddeses

i went shopping 1 day and this sweet old hunchbacked ol lady says "you remind me of jesus, well actualy more moses" and we talked an hour about why moses was such an idol and how much she respected me

Jesus Freed My Soul!! said:

Haha SE!!! Thanks! You know, when I was born again my husband called me a Jesus freak:) The next day, at a junk store, I found a book titled, "How to Live Like Jesus Freak". I bought and read it. My world was flipped on it's head!! I now own that book and "Jesus Freaks 1 and 2!! They are amazing stories of martyrs for Christ! Martyrs who stood up to the 'church' and her evil teachings!! The books are truly mind blowing.

The stories are all great but, the one that stood out the most was about a college boy in Portland (love!!) who decided to go to church. He had messy hair, messy clothes, his backpack and no shoes. He could not find a seat so, he walked all the way to the front of the sanctuary and sat cross legged on the floor!

A well dressed, elder of the church stood up and started walking down to the boy. Every one was silent and feeling bad for what they thought he was about to do. Every eye was on this old man as he made his way to the front. When he got to the boy, slowly, he knelt down and then sat beside him. Not a dry eye in the house that day! Than man and I follow the real Jesus:)

The first time I got my husband into a Christian fellowship(he was raised in a catholic church), people were up front worshipping on the floor or dancing and one kid had a pink mohawk:) My husband said his mom would die if she saw that. What I saw, was Jesus with them. They were worshipping Him in spirit and in truth. Not a care for this world!!:)

I know no every one believes and not every one ever will but, I will always continue to set Jesus, my light, up on a hill for all to see!!

God bless you SE!!!

soaring eagle said:

to all member of dreadlockssite who believe in jesius

please dont be offended by my above remarks

i believe you are some of the only true cristains ive ever met (with a couple more off this site but not many)

i believe jesus set an example of how to live but many bible thumpers use a book..nort the real jesus as an example and they are truly evil although they may mean well

real cristians like you are accepting and loving not judgmental or opushy

we love all you dreadlocked jesus freaks (the freakier the better haha)

jesusfreedmysoul..especialy your a goddes of light and love

--
OliviaJonas Aley
@oliviajonas-aley
11 years ago
30 posts

First off...I am so sorry that they were not accepting of you! What kind of church was it? I am saddened that there are still churches out there that are perpetuating what people are so commonly assuming they all are like. I belong to a wonderful Christian church that has been completely accepting of my choice. I even lead in a ministry there, so I have a position that is kind of setting an example.

We are not so much focused on the legalistic issues, but more on being loving, accepting, non-judgmental church body who teaches the word from the Holy Bible.

If you want to base your dreadlock journey on that of the Nazarite vow...there is nothing wrong with that, but most of the references in the bible on the topic of (hair length) are Old Testament, and are not quite as important these days. In a way, that is the whole purpose of Jesus coming into the world.

Please don't give up on finding a church body if that is what you desire in your heart. Your church family is out there.

Penny School
@penny-school
11 years ago
1 posts

I AGREE! Find a church that doesn't judge people by how they look. In fact, find one that doesn't judge period!

soaring eagle said:

but honestly any church that would dare kick u out for your hair is a church worth having nothing to do with
DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
http://www.openbible.info/topics/dreadlocks idk what last guy is talking abt lol but there are several biblical references to dreadlocksjust click link above. furthermore if a church kicks u out cuz u wear ur hair a certain way then go to a different church. jesus said come as u are. dreadlocks are in no way unholy. in fact jesus said to not let the world conform u. who cares what the world thinks or what the norm is. just like ur dread journey, everyone has their own spiritual journey as well. hope this helps :)
Kristina P
@kristina-p
11 years ago
14 posts

Idon'tknow if anyone has said this but the question is wrong.... Whatdoesn'tthe bible say about it...

1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

when the bibledoesn'tsay something about a certain subject, as long as it is not breaking the overall 10commandments, you have grace. Do all for the glory of God. Your church is being legalistic and altho you may love your church and the people in it, they are hurtful to the body of Christ.

In the end you need to decide if having dreadlocks is right, but nowhere does the bible or God condemn it.

[I'm 47 years old, a veryconservativereformed christian with tattoos and dreadlocks, which I only started getting after I was 40]

I am still the body of Christ and I am to be a witness to the world. Can I still witness with tats and dreads? oh yes! and so can you. let us know how your journey goes.

Kristina

Karma2
@karma2
11 years ago
5 posts
That is sad. A church that pushes people out?!?! Jesus himself would not agree. Find a new church my friend!

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form