Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i need biblical references to dreadlocks my church kicked me out for wanting to dread

Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Yup that is pretty much it. I was raised in a Christian cult and they can twist and turn things to make anything sound like a sin. They want to destroy the individual by putting up standards on appearance so that the individual no longer exist and this person is now part of the collective, I'm not saying that Brandon's church is like this I'm just saying that high control groups use these tactics to control. Sister Rags said:
Panterra Caraway said:
Thanks Sister : )

Sister Rags said:
Good questions & points, Panterra.

You're welcome : )

I juts don't even know what to say about a church that doesn't like members to have long hair, beards, dreads. Have the church leaders read the Bible? It's all very confusing to me. And I suspect that the church leaders have very much their own agenda.

updated by @jdwood: 07/23/15 05:09:19AM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Well I'm glad that I didn't have any issues...I've even gotten some compliments from adults in my Church(Catholic) and even the Priest told me I had a very interesting hairdo ... But they do know me and my family relatively well and know that I am a good person so I haven't seen any negativity..mostly curiosity :)
Emmy G
@emmy-g
14 years ago
16 posts
amen to that! and truly, deity by definition is omnipresent. you don't need to be anywhere special. You are your own priest, you need no middle-man to commune with your creator.But what do i know, right? I'm just an ordained minister... soaringeagle said:
church memberships are dwindling all over the country theyre starting to ressort more and more to gimmiks to draw in people they really cant afford to be throwing people out

but you know you should be thankful

if you want to get in touch with god where do u think is a better place? a 4 walled box where your to stand kneel sit kneel stand on cue and be "trained" like a mindless monkey yo obey and perform on cue.. or meditating praying and worshiping in nature
the earth itself can be your church the birds the bugs the grass and trees your preacher

ive felt more in touch with the devine the farther i get away from walls and preists
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
so lets have a church right here create a church of the dreadlocked diety in the groups and hold your services online Emmy G said:
amen to that! and truly, deity by definition is omnipresent. you don't need to be anywhere special. You are your own priest, you need no middle-man to commune with your creator.

But what do i know, right? I'm just an ordained minister...

soaringeagle said:
church memberships are dwindling all over the country theyre starting to ressort more and more to gimmiks to draw in people they really cant afford to be throwing people out

if you want to get in touch with god where do u think is a better place? a 4 walled box where your to stand kneel sit kneel stand on cue and be "trained" like a mindless monkey yo obey and perform on cue.. or meditating praying and worshiping in nature
the earth itself can be your church the birds the bugs the grass and trees your preacher

ive felt more in touch with the devine the farther i get away from walls and preists

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emmy G
@emmy-g
14 years ago
16 posts
nah too impersonal. how would we serve the kool-aid?? soaringeagle said:
so lets have a church right here create a church of the dreadlocked diety in the groups and hold your services online

Emmy G said:
amen to that! and truly, deity by definition is omnipresent. you don't need to be anywhere special. You are your own priest, you need no middle-man to commune with your creator.

But what do i know, right? I'm just an ordained minister...

soaringeagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
theres koolaide ok u convinced me ijm converting

--
ɥɐɾʞǝqsɐɹ redeyedreadi
@qs-redeyedreadi
14 years ago
29 posts
Indeed this sentence has also deeply affected mi. The visual i see from this narritive is very intense! The almightys hands 'finger combing' the earth and his fingers catching on the locks of the righteous.I once had a dream that I was standing on a great wall upon a great mountain with hundreds of thousands of other dreadlocked peoples, pounding pon drums and fi some reason those words remind me of that dream. I'm not sure why.

Jack Roth said:
That is 2 of the best lines of writing i have ever read soaringeagle said:
whats the quote about ..umm paraphrasing since im too tired to remember

and come the judgment day his hand shall rake the land and tangle in the locks of thre righteous lifting them to the promised land
ɥɐɾʞǝqsɐɹ redeyedreadi
@qs-redeyedreadi
14 years ago
29 posts
By the way, I think this is a great point of discussion and I thank you for posting and contributing!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its so good to see u rasbekjah you were missed!!!

--
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
The very earliest Christians also may have worn this hairstyle. Particularly noteworthy are descriptions of James the Just, first Bishop of Jerusalem, who wore them to his ankles. there you go

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form