Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i need biblical references to dreadlocks my church kicked me out for wanting to dread

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
in my opinion unless you are looking at the ORIGINAL version written at the time of Jesus then none of them are accurate. It is just the people who wrote itand their interpretation. I was dragged to church as a child and it always bored me to tears. The most fun I ever had that was church related was vacation bible school when we went camping on the church grounds. Otherwise I just don't get it. I don't need to go somewhere and sit for hours with people who judge you the whole time to pay homage to my god. (Mother Nature not even "God') I get judged enough as a person who is obese and tall and outgoing. I don't need it from majority close-minded individuals.
updated by @izzy-licious: 07/22/15 08:28:02AM
The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
I'd stay away from that church... lol. They would've kicked out all kinds of Biblical figures - - Moses, John the Baptist, Yeshua Christ, Samson... However they were Nazirites (well, except Moses) and from what I understand the Nazirite vow cannot be taken as the temple to which the vow is taken is destroyed... this is a Jewish perspective... however, if you believe that the temple of Christ transcends wood and stones then by all means take the vow!
nikki3
@nikki3
14 years ago
17 posts
I have never seen anything about dreads in the Bible
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
^did you read the thread? there are several mentions.
nikki3
@nikki3
14 years ago
17 posts
There are also different types of Bibles, mine says Sampson had long hair not locks, sand mine doesn't mention john the Baptist hair at alll, not saying that they are not in there, just haven't seen any myself. I use nkjv, they could be reading niv, nlt, kjv, or the message. All bibles have different translations. But I agree with most, if his church is judgiing him and kicking him out because of dreads that's not christian like at all and he should pray and ask God to show him where he needs to be.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you have to interperate the meanings it says samson had 7 locks of hair the term dreads or dreadlocks is new i think dreadlocks as a word was never head before like the 1970's about but locks were mentioned in the bible many timesand umm isnt it interesting that every version varies so much but u still believe every versions absolute trutrh even if they contradict eachother?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
At least one person, one had to have dreads in the bible. Especially after taking the nazarite vow. There is no absolute truth to finding which ones had dreads but it's likely that many did.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Because the term dreadlocks is a new term. There was no word for dreadlocks back then. Probably because they were even more common or just as common as straight brushed hair. nikki said:
I have never seen anything about dreads in the Bible
Joshua Boss
@joshua-boss
14 years ago
11 posts
Well brother, why prove something that needn't be proved? Why worship in a church that disowns you for something so trivial? Honestly as one of the many spiritual beings that wonders this Earth in complete ignorance of what is or really isn't to be in regards to what happens after you pass away, the one thing I can say about my own spiritual journey through life is that that your belief/religion isn't about a building or someone else's opinion it's about YOUR FAITH.I believe in God, I pray to him every night, but I certainly don't discount the beliefs of others. Many a religion or set of beliefs exist on our lonely planet and who are we to discount or to deny other people or cultures their right to believe? Or visa versa, who are we to say "Our way is the right way" or "Their way is wrong", who gives us the right to do this? Nobody. Believe what you believe, pray and have faith. But do NOT allow others to take that what is most special to you, your belief in something that comforts you. You faith is yours and if you want it to be shared with others then go to that church and tell them they're full of shit because you are made in God's image and God loves you for who you are! He doesn't hate you for your hairstyle for fuck sake! It's not God who brought the boundaries it was man kind, it was the guy trying to make a quick buck out of people's naivety.So like I said and go tell those idiots that you're not there to worship them! Your there to worship God and if they don't allow you that which you deserve most for loving God then that church can go suck a fat, there's other churches and there's always your belief in God. I for one wouldn't love a God that condemned me for having dreads.The problem with organised religion is exactly that. It's organised.Spirituality and faith go way beyond the trivialities of the idiotic opinions of a church congregation. I hope you can read this and appreciate it, I do of course fully understand if you think other wise, because at the end of the day this is just my opinion. I don't want you to change what you believe because that'd be hypocritical on my part! I do however want you to know that I respect your choice and I think it's great you've tried to do something about the one thing that is obviously very dear to you. And for this God will love you more than you could ever imagine.Much love brother.
Joshua Boss
@joshua-boss
14 years ago
11 posts
P.S. Don't forget, the bible was written by the hands of men, not God himself.

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form