Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White Build Up

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

What is the ratio you are using for the Baking Soda wash and the ACV rinse?

updated by @the-barrellady: 07/23/15 06:33:06PM
ZomNoms
@zomnoms
11 years ago
18 posts

just under half a cup of baking soda and a full basin of hot water (plus some essential oils and sea salt), 3 table spoons of ACV and another full basin of water.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

For the baking soda, mix 1/2 cups BS with 5 Cups water, pour on head, don't scrub & leave on for 10-20 minutes, then rinse rinse rinse. Then for the Apple Cider Vinegar, mix 1-2 capfulls into 5 cups of water, pour on head and rinse right away. Finish off with a cold water rinse.

The ratio is important for the baking soda to do it's job. Try with the measurements above. Peace

ZomNoms said:

just under half a cup of baking soda and a full basin of hot water (plus some essential oils and sea salt), 3 table spoons of ACV and another full basin of water.

ZomNoms
@zomnoms
11 years ago
18 posts

I'll give that a try, thank you!

Oh I should mention I reduced the BS and diluted it more because I found my hands would sting like crazy, not my scalp though. I tried to google that and came up with nothing so I hope it was because I used the wrong ratio.

ZomNoms
@zomnoms
11 years ago
18 posts

So here's what the buildup looks like, sorry about the quality. It feels kinda like wax, I guess. I'm hoping it's just residue from Dr. Bronners and whatever other stuff I used.

updated by @zomnoms: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Medusaa
@medusaa
11 years ago
10 posts
Do you have hard water? If so, Dr. Bronners will leave unbelievable amounts of residue. I tried it once before starting my dreads, and even in soft baby-fine undreaded hair it left tons of crap.
ZomNoms
@zomnoms
11 years ago
18 posts

Yep, hard water, after a couple of washes with Dr Bronners I noticed that my hair had a lot of sticky residue in it, and I mean my normal hair, not the dreaded parts so I stopped using it pretty quick.

I did a BS/ACV wash two days ago and the above photo was taken last night so it's not moving any time soon :/

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I also have hard water and learned the hard way about residues. Absolutely use the anti residue shampoo, works like a charm, when rinsing it out, your will see the water color change from the residue. Your hair will feel different right away. When using the proper ratio of BS, I have never had a problem with it due to hard water. Hard water makes it a trial and error journey, just read Heather's page to read about hers, once you use the anti residue shampoo, use the BS/ACV until you order from Dreadlock Shampoo, then you WILL be fine.

Peace

James Duffy
@james-duffy
11 years ago
10 posts
I had the same problems with Dr b's but started using a slightly stronger mix of bi-carb n worked better than great.however I have since recently received my order from viki at dreadlocksshampoo n now my opinion is get your arse on to her website n get ordering some of the good shit,you definitely won't be disappointed!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form