Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White Build Up

ZomNoms
@zomnoms
11 years ago
18 posts

I've had dreads for about a year and a half. I've switched products half a hundreds times because some left residues behind and others just dried my scalp out way too much.

Anyway, I've noticed I have this crazy build up of white stuff in my dreads, around the middle and at the roots, it's a bit sticky, kinda flaky, it doesn't smell and I don't know how to get rid of it. Of all the shampoos I've tried, I always return to baking soda with an ACV wash, but clearly that's not getting rid of the build up.

updated by @zomnoms: 02/14/15 04:42:29AM
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i owuld get a anti residue shampoo for that. you use them like once or twice a year. the bs could be leaving residue if you have hard water.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

nutrogena makes one. and suave makes a clarifying shampoo ive heard.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what products have u usaed

a clarifying or anti residue shampoo will remove it just us it only every few months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ZomNoms
@zomnoms
11 years ago
18 posts

Well I started off with some of the shampoos from the websites, Knotty Boy and stuff, but my hair felt crap after so I stopped quite quick. Then I tried dr. organic, then a mixture of an olive oil soap bar and some essential oils, then Dr. Bronners but that left my hair feeling horrible and sticky (I guess I have hard water). In between all of those I was using the baking soda and ACV washes.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

were u trying the dreadlockshampoo? thats probly your best option im betting bronners is what caused it

the clarifying will remove it then use the dreadlockshampoo

--
ZomNoms
@zomnoms
11 years ago
18 posts

The ones on this website?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea they will work best

--
ZomNoms
@zomnoms
11 years ago
18 posts

I'm afraid they'll turn out like the Knotty Boy and DreadHead HQ stuff

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

knottyboy and dreadhead are total crap dreadheads toxic garbage

these are hand made all natural vewgan made specificly for hard wrer and from the highesat quality ingredienra they are nothing like those crappy shampoos

i would never usae nothing from eother dreadheadhq or knottyboy

but these i will never use anything but these

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form