☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
27,955 posts

this 1 wanted a list of amouse or sucessful white ppl with dreads so

famouse white suvccessful people with dreads

we as a nation never would have made it to the moon without a dread

yes tythe saturn rockets were sdesigned..and built aby a man with dreadlocks

he now runs the largest biodeisel refinery in the country and was in the documentary gasholes

in fact a friend of mine a member io=in this site with natural dreads is getting his phd in riocket science and soon will work for nasa as well

the inventor of virtual realitty..a dread

famouse ppl well look at all the musicians and the 1\that was on american idol yea rob zombie may not be a =ideal roll model but sure is famouse

but your agverage dra-=eads not as interested in fame as they are in being a good person a productive member of society

someone worthby of respect

naw other famouse dreads

there were a dozen native american chiefs

king tut

sammpson jesus joseph john the baptist

u cant get any more famouse then those guys can you?

and successful at that inso=piring areligion of millions that spanned thopusands of years spread round the world and yea caused the crusades but ya cant blame them directly for that

althpugh some disagree jesus had dreads the term jesus of nazarene reffers to no city in existence at the time si o its believed it reffers to jesus the nazarite as a nazarite they are required by vow to let the hair dread.

the only mention of jesusds hair was it was as wool which wolol mats into dreads

joseph and jogghn the baptist were knownto have dreads to the ground and ofcourse sampsons dreads are the most famouse ever

cleopatra the most revered beauty of the time had dreads uin fact many egytyn nobels do=id and commonerswere known tio make dreadlocks wigs for celenrations

in fact

throughout history dreads were a sign of nobility and respect a higher man someone looked up to

gurus babas teachers

they still are

except by the very close minded

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 05:22:54AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
27,955 posts

another

hello maddy's mom

i have had dreadlocks over 20 years and take very good care of them and take pride in keeping them clean, in fact, dreads will take way longer to dread if they are dirty. maddy knows that dreads are clean and also is aware of the ignorance of many surropunding dreads. facing these sterotypes and proving them wrong builds charachter and strength. in addition dreading is healthy not only for the hair but personalityas well. building valuable confidence independence and healthy self image.

many people in theyre teens suffer such horrible depression from judgment, self and body image issues, identity issues and moee.. dreading cures these causing the individual to be strong, and self confident.

i know your wish is to be protective but in this case facing those fears of descrimination and judgmebt is what will cause maddy to rise above and be unaffected.

talk to maddy theres a reason why maddy wants dreads its not just a look its deeper then that it affects your life

causes a serenity and wisdom, confidence andsecurity

many of the things so many lack in theyre lives.

join the dreadlockssite meet kids, parents, even grandparents with dreads anbd gain a greatter understanding yiurself

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Seth L.
@seth-l
5 years ago
9 posts

Thanks SE, it means alot :)

Mons
@mons
5 years ago
523 posts
You can use me as an example lol I started my dreads at 39 yrs old. I'm a mother. I'm a grandmother. I work for a nationwide company. I don't do drugs, hardly drink. My hair and scalp are the healthiest they've ever been since i started dreading. Use SE as an example, use Baba Fats, use any number of people here on this site as examples of how clean, happy, healthy dreads are. And drug free, alcohol free. Working, going to school for their masters/bachelors degrees. Being a dreadie doesn't mean you're a lazy, unmotivated pothead. Everyone else has already given better advice. I'm rootin for ya tho, good luck Seth!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
27,955 posts

look up a member here named coyote

coyote is ..brilliant a true genius getting a phd in astrophysics or some other field related to rocket science and soon will be working for nasa

chances are if we ever get near or faster then light speed propulsion it will be a dready like him that has the creativity and ingenuity to conceive of a propulsion system that gets us beyond our galaxy in our lifetime

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Sunflower
@sunflower
5 years ago
95 posts

Unfortunetly parents tend to be the mega ones against dreads... soaring eagle knows about how my parents were.. Daily I would be reminded about how horrible and dirty I look, but I pushed that off my shoulder. I moved to Germany 3 weeks ago and before that my parents made me brush my 8 month locks out (was a stand off, dreadlocks or flight ticket, so I chose flight ticket). The thing is that you have to choose your battles and priorities. Since being in Germany my locks are back and tangled and I'm nearly in my 1 month of neglect method. If they are being extremely horrible and such and you are moving out soon then just either tie your hair up or towel dry (it makes your hair look less dreaded). For me 1 month of natural looks like my original 4 month so it locks and knots much faster after the first time :)

If you are studying then just do the whole "I cant concentrate at school if you are constantly on my ass about something which is so silly" the reply will be on the lines of "if its silly why dont you brush your hair" and then your reply "because im so busy studying I prefer to get A with messy hair than C after spending hours doing my hair instead of studying"

It worked for me until I moved out, but really its just choose your battles. They legally cant make you brush or cut your hair even if you live with them, but try not to fight instead make them feel bad about how they make you feel.

I'm 17 so recently have gone through such problems

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
27,955 posts

we had 1 guy..in his 30s

his parents made him choose between his dreads and a 20 billion dollar inheritance

he would have gladly kept his dreads and skipped the wealth but he had kids so didnt feel it was fair to his kids so cut them

but its rediculouse how selfish some parents are and how willing they can be to hurt you just to ger their way

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Geeks
@geeks
5 years ago
13 posts

I am a mom of 5, ranging from 2 to 21. I TOTALLY agree with all of this. I am heavily tattoed and have dreads. My husband is also heavily tattooed with a pretty ridiculous beard. Other parents are always pretty shocked to hear that we have rules and limits, too! (GASP!) I

have been down this road before! Starting very young my older kids were allowed to use their hair, basically the most disposable aspect of your appearance, (shave it off & it grows back!) to express themselves. My daughters had crazy colors and mohawks & blah blah blah... WE just want them to be happy. We drew the line with the holes in the face. We didn't want a 16 year old pin cushion. She did it anyway and they were gross and infected, but she was happy. Ew. Our 9 year old has been dreading for 4 months now and we are keeping that same thing in mind - he can cut them off and his hair will grow back.

If you can have a non-heated conversation, I back up Baba. Explain to them that they make you happy and it's a way to express yourself. also, the thing I'm stressing - IT GROWS BACK AS IF BY MAGIC!!!!! Don't be disrespectful. Take what you can from these conversations.

And, just so you know, my mother hates my dreads and my son's budding, baby dreads. ;-)

Baba Fats said:

Parents always want you to be happy. Unfortunately, sometimes they think they know what will make you happy. You have to find that out for yourself.

Let them know how happy your locks make you. Show them pictures of people with neat clean locks from here. Locks don't always look crazy and messy. They tame themselves and mature to look just fine. By law, you can't be not hired nor fired for your locks.

My parents still hate mine, but they know that I like them, and they make me me. So my mom stopped hassling me about them. Granted it took 6+ years. She still doesn't like them, but she finally stopped telling me about it.

There is a great powerpoint slide someone posted a while ago for showing parents how beautiful and clean locks are.

What exactly do they think is unnatural about Baking soda? There are other natural soaps you can use. But I'd like to know what they think about this. It's not unhealthy. It's natural. And it cleans extremely well

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
5 years ago
172 posts

I'm 17, and 6 and a half months into locking.. To begin with was when my parents were the worst about it. They still tease me about it, and my dad will grab at my hair here and there, which is especially offensive to me because of my Rastafari beliefs and the simple fact that i am not allowing my hair to lock strictly for style reasons. I believe sometimes the parents feel that it is an attack on them, and fear that you may be changing, possibly for the worst. Eventually I believe they further understand that this is not a threat towards them. I have gone through a good amount with my parents on this, but i believe my mom became more understanding when she realized how much it means to me, and she luckily has made an attempt to understand. But yeah.. i have had plenty of hard times with my parents because of it.. I say hope for the best and try and show them why and how they mean what they mean to you.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form