Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Friend thinks I should cut my hair, says they smell 'unpleasant'

amethyst777
@amethyst777
12 years ago
95 posts

I love they way they look. Maybe just try the dreadlock shampoo, something with a little more perfume to it. If I sweat a lot mine can have a slight smell too. I wash about the same as you. I'd hate to see you cut 'em off. They are actually looking really good to me. Wish mine were as mature as your appear. :)

pokolo said:

here are some more.

i also don't want the hair to prevent me from finding work, and good work. i live in Bucks County, PA. Morrisville/Yardley area. no idea what the water could be considered.

updated by @amethyst777: 07/23/15 01:30:00AM
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

I'm just throwing this out there... It could be a mould issue. Of course you wouldn't smell it, because it is on your head the whole time. If she is a real friend she wouldn't steer you wrong, right? And your brother mentioned it too, so I think you should take it seriously.

Search for mould treatments in the search tab and see does it make a difference when you treat them.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh trust me if he has mould hed smell it it surrounds you u smell it constantly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yardleys not far from levittown i lived there till i was 11 my uncle and other family still do and they had water softeners to preventthe extreme hard wTer from eatting through the pipes

--
pokolo
@pokolo
12 years ago
59 posts

if it is mold what is the best treatment?

also are there any other good alternatives for washing my hair that'll make it smell good? don't really wanna have to order my shampoo online all the time especially when i don't have a job right now, lol.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Baking soda with some essential oils then apple cider vinegar with some other oils.Tea tree oil is powerful stuff, knock the smell out of anything! Lavender is good for killing funky spores and preventing them (good for mold issues).Honestly, I don't think it's mold or mildew, they have very distinct smells. I'm kind of wondering if your friend and brother are just being jerks because the way your dreads are. Really, if you can't smell anything that's on your own head and in your own face, they probably don't smell at all.That being said, you can get essential oils at any health food store or supplement store. They'll run around $8-$12 for an ounce.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they are the best tho but if its mold youd know it trust me ppl would smell it 5 feet away

especialy when damp

white vinager 3/4 cup 1/4 water 50 drops lavender oil pour on leave on 24 hoirs then wash if possiv=ble..sun dry

pokolo said:

if it is mold what is the best treatment?

also are there any other good alternatives for washing my hair that'll make it smell good? don't really wanna have to order my shampoo online all the time especially when i don't have a job right now, lol.

--
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Aaaahhh yeah inforgot about hard water.
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts
H2o2 will kill mould spores and bacteria. You can get it in any pharmacy.
Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

They look like healthy locks to me. It is a serious issue when people think healthy dreadlocks must have blunt ends, no loose hair, you must see scalp until you go bald, alot of people don't know what dreadlocks look like anymore.

Some nice shampoo, get rid of any residue and thats it. You have beautiful dreadlocks. Those salon locks should have a different name, they are not true dreadlocks thats for sure.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form