Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair Gets Greasy After One Day Without Washing

calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

Baba Fats hits it on the head (no pun intended).

I use only BS. As long as I use enough baking soda (half cup BS to 5 cups distilled water) I can just rinse my hair with a few bowls of water w/o running it under the shower head which helps dreading a ton. But originally I got oilier quicker and there was so much built up residue from using shampoos and skipping washes, that there was still oil behind so it was really apparent. Now, I'm washing more frequently so build up is taken care of right away and my scalp has adjusted to the baking soda wash.

Your hair may be oilier cause your scalp isn't totally cleaned during your washes, maybe just use more BS and let it soak longer. Don't let sea water stay in your hair for longer than a few hours unless you like an explosion of buildup that takes a couple washes to get rid of. Make sure your tams and/or pillow cases aren't full of oil.

Lastly.. wash less often but get it as clean as possible each wash, take some extra time for the soaks and very very gently scrub your scalp before pouring on the BS mix if necessary. Yeah, you'll have to deal with extra oil which will slow progress but it's worth it. Having a clean scalp and hair, longer, will make up for it. Then it's just maintenence. It does work, it just takes some patience as your scalp adjusts.

updated by @calipark: 07/23/15 06:12:34PM

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form