Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair Gets Greasy After One Day Without Washing

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
12 years ago
40 posts

My hair gets greasy and flakes appear if I skip even one day washing it. I don't want to wash it every single day. What should I do? It happens with natural shampoo, soap, baking soda, everything. Should I try a shampoo that isn't dread-friendly, like Head & Shoulders or something like that? Thanks!

updated by @paul-chirita: 02/14/15 04:55:22AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Are you adding oils to your BS wash? When you wash with that, are you doing the ACV rinse?

Oily hair means your scalp is too acidic. ACV is an acid. If you are using it, stop. Try washing with JUST BS for a few weeks. The oiliness should go away. Wash like that a few more times. Then VERY GENTLY reintroduce the ACV mix 1 capful of it with 1 gallon of water. Only do this once a week. The other times you wash, don't use any ACV. If you don't get oily after a couple of washes, do the same thing twice a week. If, after another couple of weeks, you still are dry, do it 3 times a week. If you still stay dry after a few washes, you can raise the amount of ACV a little bit 1 wash at a time.

As for the flakes... Have you tried Teatree and rosemary oils? Teatree is great for dandruff. It would probably help you too.

But I know Eagle will say it, so I will too. Have you tried the soaps from dreadlockshampoo.com? They have a teatree shampoo that has worked wonders for others in your same spot. You may want to give that a try instead of the BS wash. Most natural shampoos are too conditioning and have too many oils in them. That could be what is causing a lot of the issues

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
12 years ago
40 posts

I've never used ACV actually. Simply using BS didn't make a difference. The flakes don't appear if my hair isn't greasy. Can the teatree shampoo ship internationally?

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
12 years ago
40 posts

Ok, I've read it and it can ship internationally. Which of the liquid shampoos do you recommend? I've started dreading in January-February, but my dreads aren't quite mature yet. My hair is almost shoulder-length, but doesn't touch the shoulders yet.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I love the Dragons Blood and Nag Champa.

The liquid is great for hard to lock hair. There no real reason you would have to use liquid, though. You could use a bar and have bi larger selection of scents.

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
12 years ago
40 posts

Thank you for your help. I'll order the Dragons Blood!

Hunter Hrivnak
@hunter-hrivnak
12 years ago
18 posts

Personally, I used the liquid Dragon's Blood. It smelled amazing!

katietheladi
@katietheladi
12 years ago
34 posts

i have very fine hair and i find the more i washed it the faster it got greasy. i had to almost train it to last a few days. hope you find some relief soon :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly

the more u wash the greasier u get u gotta ket it get greasy a few days then wash that way it adjustsand gets less greasy slowly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
12 years ago
336 posts

LOVE the Dragon's blood liquid and bar, liquid better']

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form