Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

White powdery residue on the surface of my dreads :'(

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Hello everyone! I need a bit of your opinions and thoughts on my problem with my dreads.I have noticed yesterday that I have white powdery residue on some of my dreads. I tried to scratch them off, but it got worse(of course).I have been washing my hair with baking soda with lavender and rosemary oil, plus Apple cider vinegar. But I recently switched to dreadlocks shampoo bar, which I love.Does anyone have any idea what they could be? Or what I should do to get rid of them?I have never put wax in my hair, by the way.Thank you everyone!Love, Angela
updated by @lapis-angela-lazuli: 01/13/15 09:38:49PM
Tazz
@tazz
12 years ago
17 posts

I believe depending on the water type (Hard or soft) you can get residue. Hard water can leave more residue (I think). I'm not sure what the answer is though.

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
hmm... I'm not sure if i have soft or hard water, but the dreadlocks shampoo is supposed to work well with hard water :/Thanks for the reply!
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

yeah...something is leaving residue. Try rinsing out dreads longer? I only actually was my "dreads" every month or two....you only need to be washing your scalp every time.

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Thanks for the reply!My dreads are still young, just hit the 7 months Mark. And they are very short(between 2 inches to 3 inches). So its quite difficult to only wash the scalp... I wish I could!I will try rinsing them longer and see what happens.

Star Gryphon said:

yeah...something is leaving residue. Try rinsing out dreads longer? I only actually was my "dreads" every month or two....you only need to be washing your scalp every time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

what are u sleeping on? could it be like lint more then what u wash with?

ohh had to peek at your profile again

could it be the gel from when u started? maybe a clarifying shampoo would do the trick?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Thanks for the reply SE!I sleep on wool pillow case that I crocheted. I highly doubt that its the gel that I had started them with, since all them fell out with few wash. And I also used clarified shampoo several times on my hair before. Only thing that I had been putting in my hair lately is dreadlocks shampoo bar, karma locking gel, bs and acv.

soaring eagle said:

what are u sleeping on? could it be like lint more then what u wash with?

ohh had to peek at your profile again

could it be the gel from when u started? maybe a clarifying shampoo would do the trick?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

id suspect the pillowcase then

try not using it a few washes and see

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

for some reason i want to say try drying your hair in the sun for a while if you can at all. ive had a similar issue going back and forth between the bs wash/rinse and the dreadlocksshampoo. i mainly just do the bs wash now.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form