Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What would you do with this loop?

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Yeah as others have said theres no way that's mature... you could put a bead over it if it bothers you. But personally I love when they do that... or any other "activity" they do. It makes me go, "THEY'RE ALIVE, ALIVE!"

updated by @circle-dancer: 07/23/15 04:12:22AM
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

that little loop?? i have a head full of huge lumps and bumps. i liked them at first and now i just want them to suck in and start to look like dreads instead of a loopy mess. unfortunately you will probably develop a ton more of these through your journey. either embrace it or throw a tam on like i do and try to forget you have hair for a while.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

Thanks for the perspectives, all.

It's kinky in some areas, straight in others(all my locks are) but it has stopped changing. Except for that damned loop! Seriously, it is mature. I know it's odd at five months to have any which are mature but I've got a few. They're solid. The texture is amazing and I'm really enjoying it.

That lock is really deceptive. I know it doesn't look it because it looks straight and like there's not much knotting going on but trust me, internally it's a different story. It'd take quite a bit of conditioner to get the knots undone starting at an inch past my scalp and down to the last half an inch from the tip. Some of my hair is knotting in a woven fashion and other sections it's almost twisted looking. And others are straight. I haven't a clue what guides it. I just let them do what they want. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind it.

SE's advice of putting an earring on it had me rolling laughing because just as I was taking that picture I thought the exact same thing. "ya know, I could stick an earring on it and call it Natasha. Cha$$Ching!" Eh. Not much into naming them, though except for a few crazies I got going on in the underlayers near my neck. That one I am definitely naming "Bastard." Bastard is like a freaking Hoover and a black hole combined in three semi-innocent looking wavy locks which are trying to merge. They want to merge. I want them to merge. They're doing just fine by themselves but they're getting overzealous. Every time I stick my hand back there to tame them I end up fighting WW3 and needing a mirror. Little fuckers are hungry.Think I need to tie them off from the surrounding hair for a bit and let the others get a chance to lock up so they don't get chomped on any more.

Anyway, the bead is a good idea. I DID have a bead on it(my shamrock) but the lock thickened up and now I'm in between sizes of beads in that specific area of the lock for the beads I currently have(not a lot) but I do have some air dry porcelain and a few crochet hooks of varying widths I bought for the sole purpose of making beads for wonky sized locks so... looks like I'm going to be rolling out some beads this week.

I promise I wont take scissors to it. Thank you for talking me down from that. I'll live with the loop if I have to but man, I'd rather have zigs and zags than loopty loops popping up out of my hair in weird places.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i have a feeling if u forgot all about it a month you wouldnt even be able to find it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
AllOrNothing
@allornothing
12 years ago
35 posts

I'm finally having bunches of loops and zigzags, and I'm totally excited about it. I have one that sticks out like 3 inches into my face that I have a bead on, but only because of the whole needing to see past it thing lol. Darn human non-xray eyes...

Chris Mora
@chris-mora
12 years ago
41 posts

Loops are amazing. I have this big guy right next to my ear right now.

Frank Booth
@frank-booth
12 years ago
21 posts

That's my contribution.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form