Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

retwisting dreads locs dangers

Kim Skye
@kim-skye
12 years ago
2 posts

Thanks for writing this. I never palmed rolled or retwisted my dreads ever, So happy find they just grew into dreads with no help from me, the first inch is soft and easy to wash,then they lock up tight right after that, but this is not talked about much, and all the newbies need to be told, keep your hands out of your hair, it will dread.

Tracee Meyn
@tracee-meyn
12 years ago
4 posts

I have had dreads for over 20 years, but just started to notice the tension alopecia a few years ago.. I had been hooking weekly , after washing.

I know the picture looks bad, but before it was SHINY and bald.. so now after almost two years of not twisting, my hair is slowly starting to grow back.I stopped using conditioner and only use coconut and jojoba oil, sometimes cinnamon or other essential oils and that has stopped my dreads from thinning too. I will try to update every few weeks now that I am using this non-natural product. Profectiv Mega Growth daily leave in. I only use it a couple of times a week, because I know it will leave build-up It seems to make my hair fuller, and seems to be helping with the growth, even though I am not completely sure about this... . It's heart breaking. but just be patient. I don't want to cut my dreads either. I will be follwing you to see what kind of progress you make!

updated by @tracee-meyn: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow tracee im glad you joine us please consult with ourt hair experts too click members thenat top hair experts

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jay Simmons
@jay-simmons
12 years ago
17 posts

My progress is coming along and will update with new pics soon. Thanks for all the support and encouragement...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

good to hear!

pleae post pics and updates soon

--
safiyah
@sugaplum
11 years ago
20 posts
Oh wow thank you so much for this information.I just started my new loc journey as a freeformer.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

good way to go :)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

we need updates from you and jay too

Tracee Meyn said:

I have had dreads for over 20 years, but just started to notice the tension alopecia a few years ago.. I had been hooking weekly , after washing.

I know the picture looks bad, but before it was SHINY and bald.. so now after almost two years of not twisting, my hair is slowly starting to grow back.I stopped using conditioner and only use coconut and jojoba oil, sometimes cinnamon or other essential oils and that has stopped my dreads from thinning too. I will try to update every few weeks now that I am using this non-natural product. Profectiv Mega Growth daily leave in. I only use it a couple of times a week, because I know it will leave build-up It seems to make my hair fuller, and seems to be helping with the growth, even though I am not completely sure about this... . It's heart breaking. but just be patient. I don't want to cut my dreads either. I will be follwing you to see what kind of progress you make!

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tracee Meyn
@tracee-meyn
11 years ago
4 posts

soaring eagle said:

we need updates from you and jay too

Well. I haven't had too much progress. it's gotten better in some places and worse in others. but now looking at the pic, I guess it has gotten a LITTLE better. the pink goopy stuff (mega growth) didn't work. ORS fertilizing serum I have been using on and off. I think it's helped a little. I have started using a cap at night, which should have been doing all along! I was thinking about cutting them shorter, just to give them some relief. They are quite long, I really don't want to cut them all off though, so I am looking for a miracle! Any ideas? I noticed they get pulled in everyday activities

Tracee Meyn said:

updated by @tracee-meyn: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt use goopy stuff root gro stuff none of that .. u want to clean the pores out from al the goops massage the scalp and use essential p[oils that stimulate bloodflow stuff like perpermint cinimon etc paterra had made a list

if they are heavy at that length it could be alot of goop buuldup try a clarifying shampoo that will strip residuesout of them making them lighter

u can try loosely typ\ying them up and i streess loosely or tuck em up in a tam to keep the tension off

but mostly its going to come down to increasing the blood flow

wrire panterra i know she doesnt get on often lately but tey she will be the biggest help

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 07:44:28AM

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form