Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need quick advice

Jordan Koopa
@jordan-koopa
12 years ago
19 posts

hey so i started my dreads about a month ago and used wax a few times now. just stumbled upon this site 3 days ago and found out wax was a bad idea. should i comb them out and start over or is it possible to get all the wax out?

updated by @jordan-koopa: 01/13/15 09:17:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

general rule of thumb

if its under a month comb out remove wax start over if over a month remove wax

reason beiong they will dreads much faster wax free.. and it can take bout 3 months to remove a coupe wax applications and u may never be sure u got it akll

some choose to just try to get it out others choose to start over even after a few years its a judgment call on your part but as a general rule of thumb thats what i usualy recomend

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

At this point, if you try to get it all out, and even if you succeed, you'll pretty much be back at square 1 anyway. I'd save yourself the aggravation of worrying about whether you got it all out or if you're doing it right. Just comb and start over without it

Jordan Koopa
@jordan-koopa
12 years ago
19 posts

thanks for the fast reply, another question i have is should i do tnr or natural? my hair is only about 7 inches long and straight and thin.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

neglect is the best, as it does not damage the hair at all. TnR doesn't do that much damage. It's just used as a method to start the sections and get your hair to begin tangling. It's not needed, but it will help jump start the process. It's really up to you. Are you willing to wait? Patience is the key. 7 inches is a fine place to start. It's short enough that it doesn't have a whole lot of hair to start tangling, which can make the process seem like it's taking forever. But be prepared, when you stop using wax and start either tnr or neglect, you will lose some length (up to 1/2 your original length).

Jordan Koopa
@jordan-koopa
12 years ago
19 posts

a million thank yous

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form