dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks log: a hard week

roni
@roni
12 years ago
37 posts

Already two months without any metal hook J

The thing is that until two months ago, I had three hair extensions, because the natural hair was very short.

After I cut the 3 extensions, I found out that the roots became very thin. And fragile.

Anyway. A month ago, one dread just drop and remained a hank of 2 cm L

A few days ago I lost the second one. Please look at the picture of the third: thin root, thiner then it looks. What can I do? The rest of the hair/dreads look strong. I've always had nice and full hair. No more hooks. Fine. But how can I prevent more slains?

thanks

ps cannot upload. sorry

updated by @roni: 02/14/15 09:41:24AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Any chance you twist your locks? That really really weakens the roots. I've lost a few baby locks from doing that too. The space will fill in with new hair. It'll eventually lock up.

Sorry to hear about it. I know how scary it can be when one of your babies falls out. Aloe massaged into your scalp can help a lot with revitalizing it. You can also use a spray bottle with teatree, jojob, and rosemary oils to make your scalp healthier. As for the thin roots that still exist. They will probably strengthen themselves on their own, but if your still worried, you can put a bead over 2 locks and create a congo. The 2 roots will be stronger than the one individual ones.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

extentions strain the roots of imature dreads the crochet fiurther weakens them your best ioption is to allow or force them to congo if the 2 wealk obnes are next to eachother combine the 2 into 1 (not with the hook! just bead or wrap them together) you will grow new healthy natural dreads where you lost dreads so no worry there but sorry this happened to you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
roni
@roni
12 years ago
37 posts

HEY Baba;SE;

those 3 were weak even before dreading - because of braids, etc. i'll congo. and use rosemary oils.

thanks!@!@@ (the rest are fine, thank god.)

roni
@roni
12 years ago
37 posts

Baba- no twisting..as for the spray- a few drops of each?

i'll start tonight with Aloe massage. thank's again.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I use a 4 ounce mist spray bottle. I fill in maybe 2/3 with water. 1/4 Jojoba oil. and 15-20 drops each of Teatree, peppermint, and rosemary. if I feel like it I might add a few drops of sage or lavender. Once in a while I'll add some sea salt to the mix just to mix it up

roni
@roni
12 years ago
37 posts

ok- have to buy Jojoba oil. sounds/smell good :-)

roni
@roni
12 years ago
37 posts

I used last night and today the mixture of teatree, jojob and rosemary oils. nice. my cat did not like the smell :-) is it a good idea to spray the dreads? or just my sculp.

roni
@roni
12 years ago
37 posts

SCALP....
roni said:

I used last night and today the mixture of teatree, jojob and rosemary oils. nice. my cat did not like the smell :-) is it a good idea to spray the dreads? or just my sculp.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

you have water it there too, right?

I'd say either way. Scalp is all you really need to worry about. If you want a little more shine to your locks, you can spray it onto them

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form