Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Gunky scalp, scabs and juice.....help me

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Thanks alot Mark! It's not that I took your remark so personally really, it is just that between actual stylists who destroy people and a very dismissive attitude that seems to grow by posts made here...stylists aren't being accurately portrayed. It was the perfect moment for me to remind everyone (not just you mate! :D) that stylists are as individual as everyone else. I see an overwhelming amount of people here on the site that assume that coloring and bleaching their hair is just a matter of common sense and get themselves into bad situations. Normally, most things can be fixed...but, with dreads, you amp up the risks and can't easily correct anything!
I take what I do VERY seriously. I value hair for its very spiritual nature and feel responsible to educate, guide or work to people's happiness. Thank you again for your encouraging words, peace and love to you Brother <3
Mark Fry said:

Hi Panterra.

In reply to your comment you made about my previous comment. I think you may have taken what I wrote personally. Let me just start by saying that is not what I intended. I don't think it's uncommon knowledge that people in general not just hair dressers have a lack of correct information about dreads. Hairdressers have an extensive skill set in what they do, however as you say dreadlocks aren't something they study at school. It's certainly not an unfair statement to say forget about what your mum and hairdresser say... at the end of the day it's down to the individual.
I'm glad glad Panterra is on this site getting quality information now. It would be sad to hear she gave up because somebody had told her that dreadlocks were going to ruin her scalp. Everyone on this site knows that's not true.

Panterra, keep up the good work. Wash those dreads and watch those beauties grow into mini ropes. It'll be great to watch them blossom. Get some regular pictures up :)

Peace

Panterra Caraway said:

I would just like to say here, thatALL hairdressers are not bad...just unfamiliar with dreads. Dreads are not taught in Beauty College at all. I have been a licensed stylist for 31 years and it really offends me that everyone lumps us all together and just assumes we are all harmful, stupid cheaters. That is not true. Like any profession,there are good and bad. Just because someone chooses to dread and no longer cuts their hair, it doesn't invalidate all our knowledge and expertise. I personally have been on this site for 18 mos. giving good advice and trying to help people who ask questions about hair structure, scalp health, and many coloring/bleaching questions. So, it would be nice if people realized that all stylists are not the same...and like any other individual, we are entitled to respect. Thanks.

updated by @panterra-caraway: 07/18/15 04:11:32AM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Thank you very, very much Lauren! I truly love everyone here as well...you are definitely a family to me <3

Lauren Halsall said:

we all love you Panterra ^-^

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form