Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need help with little dreads

nativekillette
@nativekillette
6 years ago
2 posts

Okay so my dreads are about 8 months mature... i've got these two in the back that worry me and are holding on for dear life.. the "box" they are in is the same size as all the other ones but these two little scamps have decided to grow VERY thin at the base. also one of them is thin already but the "box" it's in is again, same size as all the other.

so my question is - how can i add girth too these certain spots?

i've been able to thicken some of my locks at the ends by pulling the dreads apart and then backcombing them to a larger lock but it's like impossible to do that at the root... i'm at a loss. and i would love to post pictures to show my issue but i'm currently in a "program" so cell phones just aren't a thing. =)

thank guys! i'm at a loss and limited to what i can do while i'm here. I just don't want them to fall out. lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

1st off they should not be in a "box' are you twistig or interlocking them? i see your using locking gel.. wy would you ever do that/?

i can almost guarantee that you are causing the thinning, or allowing a salon to do it

STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING! wsh 1-3 times a week, if these dreads are not able to recover by simply stopping the abusive maintenance ten t oly other option is, don't separte them and let them combine

at 8 months if they are still in a 'box' you are doig something very wrong that is over tightening the rots and causing the thinning

now i would use a clarifing shampoo maybe even wa b gone if teres wax in that nasty gel (the mango lime crap is really nasty stuff)  oh what the hell// jelly? honey and the mango lime crap?

what makes you think dreads should be sticky and icky? wash that out!! all that stuff is just a huuuuuge mistake

hair needs to be clean to dred

ok please list everything you have done and used and how ofrten as well as how often you wash and with what

someone really lied to you  if you think jelly honey and locking gel is a good way to dread

you need to seriously scrub the hell out of them get that all out of them..i don't even know how you can slep with ht in your hair..and wouldnt it attract bugs of all sorts?

if someone did this to you..and you paid them to.. sue them for at least 3-5 times what thy charged you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nativekillette
@nativekillette
6 years ago
2 posts

oh jeez. i started them in prison and have been doing them myself since... i've been backcombing and since leaving state i've tried my hand at interlocked by watching youtube videos.. i had no experience or any type of access to research to start them. i just knew i wantted them and asked every single person i saw with them what they did.

sooo i backcombed, twisted, stuck jelly in them (which dried and wasn't sticky but made my hair smell great but the bees did like me! lol) but for the past two months i've been letting them just "wolf" out. i wash them now about once a week with like panteen dandruff shampoo only.

since finding your site i've planned on buying some type of good shampoo the next time we have a trip to walmart... im currently in a "rehab" program (parole insisted) so it's been mainly trial and error since. personally, i think the reason the back is so thin, about a month in a chick in prison told me the back looked fucking crazy and i had no idea since i didn't have access to a mirror. soon as we got to ground (min status housing) i was able to see how bad it looked, combed them out and lost SOOO much hair. then i boxed them out again.

i also haven't used honey or get since leaving prison back in june.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

dont get anything from walmart just  get www.dreadlockshampoo.com liquid

do not interlock  or do anything else except wash 1-3 times a week then separate

use the liquid till they are mature then switch to he bars

well now you are on the best site , the only 1 worth trusting for totally hoennest info on dreadlocks.  the truth is  you never had to backcomb or do anything xcept stop combing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form